First Pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jwoodwright

jwoodwright

Thank you to Richard aka "Sailing Away" and his finely tooled deluxe pendant holder.

Pardon my photography, could be better, than again could be worst...

Corian is tough to polish in other than flat areas, so these need some work...

The MT#2 3/8" arbor was made from a wood screw arbor. Removed screw and found thread was 1/4-20 on a hanger type wood screw. Drilled and tapped for 3/8-16. Short piece of all thread and some super glue.

Attachments

• pendant set-up 0010.jpg
    pendant set-up 0010.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 273
  • pendant set-up 0011.jpg
    pendant set-up 0011.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 259
  • ist pendants 0012.jpg
    ist pendants 0012.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

refueler1

Thank you to Richard aka "Sailing Away" and his finely tooled deluxe pendant holder.

Pardon my photography, could be better, than again could be worst...

Corian is tough to polish in other than flat areas, so these need some work...

The MT#2 3/8" arbor was made from a wood screw arbor. Removed screw and found thread was 1/4-20 on a hanger type wood screw. Drilled and tapped for 3/8-16. Short piece of all thread and some super glue.

They look great. I received my pendant chuck a few weeks ago but havent had enough warmth in the garage to go out and use it. Any tips or suggestions on using the chuck yet?

jwoodwright

They look great. I received my pendant chuck a few weeks ago but havent had enough warmth in the garage to go out and use it. Any tips or suggestions on using the chuck yet?

Jack,
I'm fortunate to have a garage heater. Although we're having a heat wave. 40* yesterday and already above freezing today.

The big thing is getting a good tape joint between waste block and corian. I use carpet tape from wal-mart and press in workbench vise for a couple minutes. I have a huge woodworking vise with added wooden jaws...

After turning round and some sanding, pick a number and drill and turn and sand. Speed should be low for the drilling and turning in offset mode. I used a forstner bit.

Try some, lot's of fun. Sure makes the wife happy!

Top Bottom