Jeer PSI Customer Service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an order online and found that I had ordered the wrong item. When I called them up to have them fix the order which would have changed the price in their favor I was told that since I had paid with paypal they would not be able to fix the order. So I said to them well then I guess this is my loss? She said yes it was! So I got off the phone with the lady and stewed about it for a few minutes then decided to call them back. I told the lady it was outrageous that at any time a customer would end up with the short end of the stick and she just said to me because you paid with paypal we cannot do anything for you. I told her to cancel the order and refund my money then. She explained to me that it would take several days for the refund to take place (it did). I explained to her that I would not order from PSI again (I haven't and I won't).

I got an email from them the next day saying that of course I can change my order and they would like to help me with that. I told them that it was too late for them and I would not be ordering from them again. That is the last I heard!

I made around 300 pens last year and expect that I will made another maybe 200 this year. Not only will they not be from PSI but they won't be PSI supplied either. I have only a few PSI kits left and will make them but no more!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have found PSI Customer Service to be an oxymoron... It is simply beyond my comprehension that PSI owners/ managers that troll IAP do not see these complaints, investigate them and either eliminate these people or at the very least train them.

beck3906

I don't know, but I do see a positive spin on what the OP said.

It appears Penn State saw the error they made and offered to correct it. Maybe they found the customer service rep had made a mistake in what was done, "retrained" the rep, and offered to make things right.

A second chance would have been possible since they tried to make contact.

Just a differing opinion.

Soemtimes I wonder if consumers opinions are swayed too much by the few negative responses placed on this forum. I can see where we can read the few negatives, have our thoughts pre-set about things going wrong, and then jump to conclusions when we experience something we feel is an injustice.

I see the same names jumping on the bandwagon each time someone brings something up about PSI. When will that wagon ever get full? :rolleyes:

psilevy

Mike,

I researched this issue and this is what I found.
You placed your order on 10/6/2012... a Saturday. You called our off hours operator who was not in the office - with access to your order and advised you that she couldn't do anything about it over the weekend - and that if you received your order you should refuse it.

Meanwhile, we received your email in our Office on Monday 10/8/2012 (when our offices opened after the weekend) and did intercept your order. Our customer service manager emailed you back immediately advising you that you could change your order. You chose to cancel your order and our Pay Pay records indicate you were credited the next day- Tuesday 10/9. - not "several days" later. Its possible Pay Pal delayed in issuing your credit - not us.

Also realize that when you pay through Pay Pal to us, they are a 3rd party payment service and that we cannot directly modify or change any charges you made through them.... cancellations and changes to your order are problematic and cannot be made over a weekend when our accounting department is closed.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. In the future please realize that any specific order issues for you or other IAP members its best to contact us during normal business hours - Monday - Friday EST between 8:30 and 5:15 and we will be more than happy to resolve your issues.

Sincerely
Ed Levy
VP and GM
Penn State Industries

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
I never had a problem with PSI before. I dealt with one lady a few years back (looked up my emails and it was 2009) but her name was Colleen and she went above and beyond with her support of my order.

Same as any business, you cant please everyone all the time and likely not to know the whole story but its great to see Ed give his side of the story.

chevyguy65

well, I placed my first order with them on 12/01 on-line... they took my payment from my account on 12/03... I called on 12/06 because I never received a confirmation that it was shipped. I was put on hold 4 times before they "found" my order. I was told it shipped out on the 5th. email sent to me on the 6th showed it was processed on the 6th and left for delivery on the 6th....... not a good way to start a business relationship a newbie!

Gin N' Tonic

It appears Penn State saw the error they made and offered to correct it. Maybe they found the customer service rep had made a mistake in what was done, "retrained" the rep, and offered to make things right.

Soemtimes I wonder if consumers opinions are swayed too much by the few negative responses placed on this forum. I can see where we can read the few negatives, have our thoughts pre-set about things going wrong, and then jump to conclusions when we experience something we feel is an injustice.

I see the same names jumping on the bandwagon each time someone brings something up about PSI. When will that wagon ever get full? :rolleyes:

I find it very interesting that the OP neglected to tell us that this all happened over a weekend.

PSILevi

This was not my first problem with PSI and I have simply had enough with your customer service. I don't care if this is your after hours service it is PSI service. I will not do business with you again. I have purchase at least $1000 worth of equipment since this issue and will not spend 1 cent with PSI. By the time PSI called me back I had stewed for a few days. Sorry if you don't like my attitude but my attitude is connected to my checkbook and I will make sure I don't spend any more money with you. BTW you have also cost some of your distributors sales from me.

I see the same names jumping on the bandwagon each time someone brings something up about PSI. When will that wagon ever get full? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Last edited:

davidbr

I have had very good service from Penn State and very prompt shipment. I can only say good things about them. Everyone is going to have a few problems along the way. If they try to make it right I call that good service [IMHO].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom