Poly colorants (pink)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul Downes

I just got my first artstuf.com shipment in today so I can voyage out into the polycast world. I have some large orders to fill of pink pearlesant blanks and am wondering how your experts solved this problem. I did get the basic color powders to mix to get different shades, but made the mistake of ordering red oxide powder (rust?) instead of a magenta powder. What red powder would your folks suggest? Or is there another avenue to get a pink color?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Liquid pigments from U.S. Composites is what I use. I think they have 1 oz sized bottles for a few dollars. red and white in varied amounts will yield any number of nice pinks, and you can add your pearly stuff in there, too. :)

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Liquid pigments from U.S. Composites is what I use. I think they have 1 oz sized bottles for a few dollars. red and white in varied amounts will yield any number of nice pinks, and you can add your pearly stuff in there, too. :)

I also use a bunch of pigments from U.S. Composites, but I have to say I really like the pigments from Surfsource. 4 x the pigment for about twice the price. Course I have a wholesale account with them...[8D]

I also like the Pearl-ex powders. Finding the full line (40 colors)is a pain in the patootie. Of course between the 8 colors at Hobby Lobby and the 12 colors at ACMoore, and ACMoores 50% off coupons and HL's 40% off coupons I am set except for the 3 or 4 colors I like and have bought from the full price artstore way downtown.

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by Glass Scratcher

Originally posted by karlkuehn

I also use a bunch of pigments from U.S. Composites, but I have to say I really like the pigments from Surfsource. 4 x the pigment for about twice the price. Course I have a wholesale account with them...[8D]

I also like the Pearl-ex powders. Finding the full line (40 colors)is a pain in the patootie. Of course between the 8 colors at Hobby Lobby and the 12 colors at ACMoore, and ACMoores 50% off coupons and HL's 40% off coupons I am set except for the 3 or 4 colors I like and have bought from the full price artstore way downtown.

For the pearls, if you get them from Coastal Scents, you'll pay about half of what you pay for the pearl ex stuff, and it's the same stuff.

They also have over 100 different colors all in one place, and you can pick and choose the ones you want.

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=35

I'll have to check into Surfsource, thanks for the heads up!

Er, Sorry I mispoke, some of the pigments are less. They have a few different colors.

The liquid tents which are comparable to the transparents, are 2oz and the wholesale price is $7.50($9.00 without discount) vs 1 ounce of from USC for $5.95

The Tints from Surfsource are blue, green, pink, scarlett, purple, yellow, turquoise, orange and brown. I haven't tried these yet, but my opinion from my visits to the warehouse, is these fellows sell what works cause they use it to make boards everyday.

If you have a state tax certificate, send them a copy, to get their wholesale pricing.

sbell111

Top Bottom