Gauging interest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Modelmaker

I make silicon molds almost everyday and I'm getting ready to make a blank mold for myself, as anyone interested in acquiring one(or 2, or 3?)

I'll post some pics next week after I finished the mold.

Kris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Modelmaker

ok, I'm going to make the masters today.
I was planning on 3/4 x 3/4 x 5 2 blanks per mold

I can make stopper molds too, just need the dimensions and I'll machine up a couple of masters.

I'm probably looking around the $25-35 range. Is that about average?

Would you like my master then since you are jumping in? No wait, why should I help you make a profit with my hard work? NO, no need to answer that- it was rhetorical.

Oh where is the riteous indignation?!

sbell111

Originally posted by Glass Scratcher

I suppose my 2 blank per mold concept is popular then?
I made up a few different molds.

I have four-blank and two-blank molds like yours and I have a couple that allow me to pour a block-like mold.

I think that some things cast best using individual blank molds and some cast better using block molds and then cutting the block up into individual blanks.

sbell111

Would you like my master then since you are jumping in? No wait, why should I help you make a profit with my hard work? NO, no need to answer that- it was rhetorical.

Wouldn't Gadget or SteveCzar own the righteous indignation franchise for this?

You and I wouldn't be eligible since we weren't selling ours.

Originally posted by sbell111

I suppose my 2 blank per mold concept is popular then?
I made up a few different molds.

I have four-blank and two-blank molds like yours and I have a couple that allow me to pour a block-like mold.

I think that some things cast best using individual blank molds and some cast better using block molds and then cutting the block up into individual blanks.

Steve,
My agrivation comes from having just posted my proof of concept last week, and over the weekend.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35705

I recieved emails asking when, and how much. And while I am crunching numbers and considering, taking into account the sturm & drang over Gadgets molds V SteveCzars? this fellow pops up and wants to know who wants to buy 2 cavity molds similar to what I just produced... But, with that said, it is a free country (at least I keep telling myself that) if he can make money doing it, then as they say "let the games commence."

Modelmaker

How hard is it to cut a piece of aluminum in the appropriate dimensions?

I wasn't aware of anyone here selling blank molds. I make molds, I thought I'd help others who want to cast. If this is going to cause all kinds of drama, I'll forget it and just make them for myself.

[/quote]

That is what I meant. Everyone who went after SteveCzar for making molds after Gadget. Not a peep this time.

Originally posted by Modelmaker

How hard is it to cut a piece of aluminum in the appropriate dimensions?

I wasn't aware of anyone here selling blank molds. I make molds, I thought I'd help others who want to cast. If this is going to cause all kinds of drama, I'll forget it and just make them for myself.

It is a matter of your post proximity & timing. If you can make molds, and make money at it, then go for it. I am not quite ready to go into production mold making.

With this group there is ALWAYS going to be some drama.

sbell111

That is what I meant. Everyone who went after SteveCzar for making molds after Gadget. Not a peep this time.
I knew that's what you meant.

Top Bottom