Pen Press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

I thought I would try to start something. Showing off my favorite jigs. Well I did not make the press but used someone else’s idea of using the 1/2" ply shims instead of using the screw clamp adjustment. It is a lot easier then trying to get the screw clamp tight. Forgot to add that I screwed a piece of 2 x 2 to the bottom so it clams in my bench vice.

20055812423_pen%20press.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

I have just received the "penpress 2", it does not have a lever just the wooden spacer blocks x 3 (as showm on the right of your picture).
Verdict so far, YABA DABA DOOOOO [:p][:p][:p]

JimGo

Nice Ron! Now, can you tell us where to get a handle like that? Oh, wait, is that a "standard" (i.e. commercial) pen press that you've modified?

wicook

I solved the problem of trying to get the set screw tight on my press by replacing the big round knob that was hard to grip with a rachet-handled set screw. It works great! [:D]

jrc

Here is my pen press and I use 1/2" copper tubing for my spacers. The wood block has a tapered hole for the tip, the tip is tight in the hole as it touches the shaft. Does not mark the pen tip. I flip the block over to another shaft hole to press the cap on.

20055912632_Pen%20Press.jpg
<br />

Ligget

This is my new press. I think it came from PSI as I bought it through PoC. It has no tightening mechanism at all, just the spacer wooden blocks. It had "penpress 2" on the box.

200559132535_penpress2.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom