Turning perfume pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

badwin

I am having a problem when I turn the top to the perfume applicators. When I use my pen mill to square up the ends I find that a least 1 of the ends is not square to the tube. I attribute this to the blank only being approx. 1 inch long. I use my pen mill in my 18 volt drill and secure the blank in a vice. I think because the wood blank is so short I tend to tip my pen mill to 1 side or the other causing it to be unsquare. I don't have this problem with the bottom section as it is longer. Has anybody else have this problem and if so please help with a solution. Thanks.
Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

You might try sanding it square if the pen mill is a problem. Again haven't tried it myself as just picked up a few of the kits and bearings at a Rocklers moving sale last night.

I'll be interested in how you overcome this.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Brain, are you using the correct trimmer mandrel for that size tube.. if you are using a standard 7mm mandrel you are going to have that problem.. you need to use the mandrel that fits the tube properly.. I believe it is a 8mm mandrel...

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
It should Travis.. that is the drill bit I use... it is dependent on the inside diameter of the tube, not the outside diameter... just pick the trimmer mandrel that fits the tube the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom