Pen in the Hat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by airrat

Well I know I put my name in about page 3 or so. But I heard somewhere that Cav was feeling frisky and needed something to do so I thought I could give him another post to proof read. :D

Tom, check the post about Trustone and lubricant! :D[}:)];)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by bitshird

Lance put me in for another as well, with my new lathe I've got to get practice some how, so I'll be down for two.

Oops, I meant to reply and accidentally edited. Sorry!

Ken,

I was kidding Ed4copies about three pens. (As slowly as he turns, that could take 10 or 15 minutes! [:0] ) I'll let Lance make the final call since this is his baby, but I think it will get complicated if people make more than one pen in the initial drawing. In case of someone dropping out, or something along that line, I would like to add you to the short list of turners who are willing to help to ensure no one gets left out without a pen.

Thanks!

GoodTurns

Originally posted by stevers

Easy, your violating my virgin ears.

had to be something left!;);)[}:)]

Cav/Lance...you can add me as a fill in for dropouts as well, I'm mostly a hobbyist, so won't know I lost money by not having a sale[}:)];).

bitshird

Originally posted by GoodTurns

Originally posted by stevers

Easy, your violating my virgin ears.

had to be something left!;);)[}:)]

Cav/Lance...you can add me as a fill in for dropouts as well, I'm mostly a hobbyist, so won't know I lost money by not having a sale[}:)];).
a sale?? you actually sell pens, Gosh that must be thrilling out of 200 = I've only sold 25 or there abouts[8)][8)][8)][8)][8)], it's easier to give them away, at least from my personal experience;););););)

LanceD

Aaaayeeeeeeeeee!!!!! (for all you non Cajuns out there) that's the famous Cajun Yell. We have 165 participants in this years PITH and with just six days left we may just hit the 200 mark. That's just 35 more to go and we still have a lot of veterans here that hasn't signed up.

Ed do a little recruiting and cheering for us and see if we can get some of the veterans here to throw their names in :D.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is MY first PITH!!

Why? Because I always made "production" pens and who wants a "production" pen. NOW, with Dawn's artistic input, we offer a far wider choice.

However, with newer members, a PITH exchange gives us a way to get to know each other better. So, jump in --- the PEN is secondary, the "comeraderie" is the goal!!!!!

FWIW and MY opinion!!!

DocStram

Originally posted by ed4copies

This is MY first PITH!!

Why? Because I always made "production" pens and who wants a "production" pen. NOW, with Dawn's artistic input, we offer a far wider choice.

However, with newer members, a PITH exchange gives us a way to get to know each other better. So, jump in --- the PEN is secondary, the "comeraderie" is the goal!!!!!

FWIW and MY opinion!!!

. . . and spelling is tertiary . . . for camaraderie's sake.

;)

TBone

Originally posted by ed4copies

....a PITH exchange gives us a way to get to know each other better. So, jump in --- the PEN is secondary, the "camaraderie" is the goal!!!!!

Heck, I can even do that. Put me on the list please! It'll give me an option. I can't seem to keep one of my own, I'm still carrying Cutterwood Joe's gift from last year.

Hosspen

It sounds like fun, I would like to participate in this PITH thing.

A fellow wood woodworker was asked what to do if you put a piece of wood on the lathe and discover it has the pith in it. The reply was "turn the pith out of it":D:D:D

LanceD

Everyone, Monday at midnight is the deadline to get your names in the hat, so if you've been wobbling on the fence not knowing if you'd like to get in or not time is running out.

Dee

Count me in please... this sounds like fun! Mine might not be fancy or anything.. but I'll give it my best shot![8)]

Dee

LanceD

Everyone, just a reminder that today is the last day to enter your name in the Pen in the Hat for 2009. If you haven't done so yo have until midnight tonight to get in. I'll be doing the pairings on Tuesday and hope to have the list up by Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom