Pen in the Hat 2006! Absolute final update.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetalbott4

Hey ScottyDont - Got your pen today, and it looks great. In all the years I've been playing with burls from all over the world, somehow I've never had Cocobolo burl. Thanks for the extras as well. Nice work!

Rudy Vey

Received my pen from Jeff Craigg today in the mail:
a very nice executed Baron in Bois Du Rose with Satin Nickel finish hardware. I like even the form, slightly curved, just perfect, not too much. Good Job Jeff!!

Bob A

Hey Glenn (oobak), I'm not ready to quit on my recipient yet, but I have emailed him twice and posted here to get his shipping info to no avail. My pen has arrived and I wouldn't feel right if I didn't send a pen to someone. From reading this thread it would seem I'm not the only one having problems contacting their recipient. I guess what I'm saying is hang tight, it seems likely that there will be a way in. Now I have no say in this but maybe Scott (Mudder) could work you in due to this.

Darley

Originally posted by oobak
<br />Any one needing to back out, I'll gladly check in for you. Sorry I missed this one.
Glenn

Sorry Glenn no back out, but I'm sure that you're a generous person so you can send a pen to all of us [:D][:p]

Ron Mc

Glenn (oobak)
I'd be more than happy to do another trade if you want to do one on the side.[;)][:D]

Fangar

Originally posted by Jeff Mayfield
<br />Fangar,
I sent you an email on the 2nd requesting the address to send your pen-don't know what happened. I haven't made it yet, but I'll send it as soon as I finish, just let me know where.

Jeff

Jeff,

I got another email from you. It had the same email address listed as the first. Hopefully it will work this time. I wonder if maybe your email filter is blocking my replies? Hmmm.

Fangar

Dario

Tom,

I am sure I will :) Thanks!!!

You guys are fast! I will just drill and glue mine tonight! [:D] Are you reading this BigL??? [;)]

Dario

Originally posted by pete00
<br />turning......turning.....sweating.......gluing......redoing......
all most done...you guys are too fast....turn.....turn...sip of the captain....oops!

LOL...keep it coming Pete!! ROFLMAO

angboy

Originally posted by pete00
<br />turning......turning.....sweating.......gluing......redoing......
all most done...you guys are too fast....turn.....turn...sip of the captain....oops!

I guess I'm going to have to make that referral to a 12 step program... [}:)][;)][}:)][;)]

Bob A

This is the pen that Scott Talbott sent me. It is a chrome Baron in Coolibah burl. It was turned from an atypical burl in that it was in a fire when young and a new burl grew over it and they fused. Scott explained to me that this usually results in ugly, unusable wood. But as you can see here this one turned out beautiful. The fit and finish on this pen are top notch. The pics don't do this pen justice. I didn't set up the photo booth as I was too eager to post the pics.

Thank you Scott, you did an oustanding job on this pen. It is too nice for me to carry daily as I work in a factory, but I'll be sure to show it off and use it often when not at work.

200621004521_peninhat1.jpg
<br />

200621004542_peninhat2.jpg
<br />

Johnathan

Wow, what a wonderful idea. I wish I had been a member at the time this started. Is there another exchange coming up that I can be apart of? I hope that this is not an anual thing.

BigL

Dario - I just read your "progress" report. I can hardly wait. I'm having a hard time deciding which of the blanks you sent me in the "Chef's Special" I'm going to use to create my masterpiece. I'm going to try and not be selfish and use the best to give away. Lane

Chigdon
I was in error when I said your pen was ready. My greatest critic my wife said it was not good enough and had me make a different pen. More turning , chips etc. and hope you like it your pen is in the mail today[:)]. Oh and she is pretty good at it I might add, I was about to sell a set pen and pencil that I made and she (wife) asked why did one have more rings cut than the other and that was the first thing the potential buyer did not like and did not buy.[:(]

Draken

Ok, Nils, your pen is on the way, hope you like it. It's my first of that particular kit style, my first using that type of wood, and the first with a spray lacquer finish.

Cheers, and enjoy the pen!
Draken

Fangar

No luck... Oh well pen is done if he ever contacts me...

EDDIEK9

Ain't gonna get no pen... if I ain't gonna get no email!

[:D]

Fangar

HuskyDriver

Hey Scottydont send me your email. I have your pen ready. I tried to email you but don't think it wnet thru. Thanks

Greg

wood-of-1kind

Fangar, I will gladly be on STANDBY for your pen if EDDIEK9 doesn't surface. Heck, I'd be happy with just getting the 'shine' of the pen that you made. One step further, I'll change my name to Eddy or anything else that you want. That is a beautiful pen that you have crafted for Eddy.

-Peter-[;)]

angboy

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />No luck... Oh well pen is done if he ever contacts me...

EDDIEK9

Ain't gonna get no pen... if I ain't gonna get no email!

[:D]

Fangar

So if I e-mail you, will I get a pen? That's all it takes? [:D][:D] If I e-mail you 10 times do I get 10? (This could be fun!) [}:)][}:)]

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Always Practicing - Put your pen in the mail today. Up to this point I've turned mainly wooden pens, only one or two acrylics, and never done one before this one w/o a CB. Hope you like it.

pete00

Bound and determined to finish pen.
Even with couple of space heaters its 10deg out in garage, with snow storm comming.

If you dont here from me in a while ill be back in spring when i thaw out.
Who would have thunk......frost bite a hazzard turning pens.

pete

jssmith3

I just recieved my pen from Jim (woodpens) and it is absolutely beautiful!!! The picture does not do it justice. Hey Jim, can you tell me what finish you used on this pen?
Thank you so much, this has been really fun. I am still working on the one I am doing for my recipient since I am pretty new, I want it to be perfect. [:)] I'm sorry but I have not been able to figure out how to include a pic yet from someone elses album or move it to mine so I can include one but is the Jr Gent Mahogany with Bloodwood Inlays in woodpens album.

woodpens

Originally posted by jssmith3
<br />I just recieved my pen from Jim (woodpens) and it is absolutely beautiful!!! The picture does not do it justice. Hey Jim, can you tell me what finish you used on this pen?
I am glad you like your pen, Nancy! I used CA without BLO. That is how I finish all of my pens with inlays so that any crevices will be filled. Mahogany is very easy to turn and finish. I see why it has been so popular for woodworking in the past. I added the picture below for you.

its_virgil

<b>Robert White,</b>
Your pen "slithered" off this morning. I hope it finds it way to Arizona![:D] I also hope you enjoy owning and using it...
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br /><b>Robert White,</b>
Your pen "slithered" off this morning. I hope it finds it way to Arizona![:D] I also hope you enjoy owning and using it...
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Arizona.... Pen..... Robert ?????
Hey, you sure you have the right address ?? [:D] [8D] [:D]

its_virgil

Anthony, Anthony, wake up Anthony. You're not the only penturner/penlover in Arizona...let the other guys out there have one or two.[:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br /><b>Robert White,</b>
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Arizona.... Pen..... Robert ?????
Hey, you sure you have the right address ?? [:D] [8D] [:D]

woodmanplus

I recieved my pen from splinter99 and it is a beauty. I love it very much. It is a Big Ben cigar pen,made with walnut with maple inlay from his own trees.
Thank You very much splinter,I will cherish it.
One day I hope to inlay like that. I am nervous to try it. I will only use it on special occasions,as I am going to build a display for it and some of my other treasures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom