Pen in the Hat 2006! Absolute final update.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Guys,

Have you picked a designated driver yet? Seems like Captain Morgan is all over the place and reached Australia already!!! [:D]

Ron Mc

That's great Dario! Now that I have my neighbors burl I'm in good shape. Who knows maybe my partner will get 2 pens.

BigRob777

All right, I've been saving a collection of pairs of blanks that I traded for. Now I have a use for at least one blank. I'm going to have to do more reading to find out exactly how this thing is going to work. I hope I get someone I don't know. I also hope I get someone who turns worse than I do (fat chance[:D][:I]).

I guess we're going the military way with this. Eat a chicken leg from Colonel Sanders and have a shot of Captain Morgan.[;)] That'll have to be a captain morgan temple for me. Ugggghhhh!!! I need sleep.
Rob

rsk

Hi,

I'm fairly new to penturning, but the Christmas presents I made came out decently. I have been lurking here for a little while and thought I'd join this list. Just sent the email in.

Rich

pssherman

Hi,

I am new to IAP and this is my first post. This sounds like a great project, so I Just sent in the email. I have been turning for several months and have made 20 pens. I sold 13, gave away 5 as gifts, and kept 2 of them.

Paul

OK, after careful and lengthy deliberation I have actually made up my mind (which is always a chore [:)]). I'm in. Hopefully the (un)lucky recipient who gets my pen will not bash me too badly[;)]

Dario

Originally posted by pssherman
<br />Hi,

I am new to IAP and this is my first post. This sounds like a great project, so I Just sent in the email. I have been turning for several months and have made 20 pens. I sold 13, gave away 5 as gifts, and kept 2 of them.

Paul

WELCOME!!!

Way to go on your first post [:)].

M

Mudder

Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />I sent an email last night, I hope I'm in...

If it was sent after 9:00 you are in. I did not do the last update yet and I think there are 3 or 4 who are in but not on the list because they replied after my last update.

Ron Mc

Is this exciting or what? Did Mudder say 10:00 Eastern time? Man I better go look at the chunk of my desk, my neighbors Burl and make a decision fast!!
Wait a minute. My other neighbor has one of those talking bass things...[:D]....I wonder?[}:)]

pete00

great..... my best pen to date
and i have to make one for DCBluesman.

........im doomed

200622125635_best%20pen.jpg
<br />

Ron Mc

Pete00,
Utterly fantastic work!! How did you get the black segments to actually spell your name? Even a misspelling![;)]

angboy

Wow Pete! That is such a beautiful pen! [:D][:D] And you could easily write with it inside a really flat box, with that bend in it near the tip! I often find myself thinking, gosh, if only I had a pen that bent like that! The person who got my name, chigdon, sure makes some nice pens, but I (almost) wish there could have been a mistake in the drawing and my name had been drawn twice, once to match with Chris and once to match with you. Then I would have been in pen heaven! [;)][;)]

Ron Mc

Stan,
Your pen is boxed up and ready to ship. I'll get it mailed tomorrow. But, I won't say if it's made from a chunk from my desk, my neighbors burl, or my other neighbors talking fish![;)]
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do giving it.

angboy

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Stan,
Your pen is boxed up and ready to ship. I'll get it mailed tomorrow. But, I won't say if it's made from a chunk from my desk, my neighbors burl, or my other neighbors talking fish![;)]
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do giving it.

Ron, you're going to make the rest of us look bad [:(][:(]!! You are sure on the ball!

Ron Mc

angboy, Didn't mean to do that! I guess I'll hold onto the pickle pen for a couple more weeks.

Hey Stan, When it shows up I would recommend putting it in the refig prompty![;)][:D]

Darley

<br />angboy, Didn't mean to do that! I guess I'll hold onto the pickle pen for a couple more weeks.

Hey Stan, When it shows up I would recommend putting it in the refig prompty![;)][:D]

@%#^&* Ron you beat me, I know you don't doing a pen for me but I kept a pickle jar in the fridge just in case we macht, but if you want to releaved yourself of it I will take, will put it in the jar, frame it and hang on the hall way[:D] with the inscription "" Sour pickle cigar pen, hand made by Ron Mc from the States. "" bottom line will read "" Please do not touch or you will p(r)ickle your finger ""[:D][:p]

Darley

Ken ( aka laserturner ) will post your pen tomorrow, sure you will enjoy, plus he got a sentimental value to me and I'm please to give it to you, don't worry about your address I got it, WELCOME to OZland.

Ron Mc

Isn't this great? Serge gets a pickle pen. Stan gets a.....[;)]and I just looked at TrapShooter's album and I look forward to including their pen in my private collection!
We need to do this more often.

Darley

<br />Isn't this great? Serge gets a pickle pen. Stan gets a.....[;)]and I just looked at TrapShooter's album and I look forward to including their pen in my private collection!

Dead right mate

Trapshooter

<br />Isn't this great? Serge gets a pickle pen. Stan gets a.....[;)]and I just looked at TrapShooter's album and I look forward to including their pen in my private collection!
Ron, Thanks for the kind words, I looked at your album then mine, then yours, Wow! I am scared and inspired at the same time. I will be picking out materials this weekend. My daugter is having her first all girl sleep over this Saturday. 10 eight year olds, at some point I WILL end up in the workshop.

Thanks,

Dario

Scott,

10 eight year old girls!!! [:0][:0][:0] I think you will end up in the shop VERY early and for a LONG time too!!! LOL

You might have 6 six pens done before you come out [;)][}:)]

Ron Mc

Take your time Scott. I'm in no hurry and it sounds like you know where you belong. I remember when one of my sons had their first sleep over at 10. Long ago I might add. I can't imagine a sleepover for a 10 year old daughter! I wish you the best my friend![;)][:D]

Darley

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Hey Serge,
Choocks is chickens, So Chicks Barn? LOL...[:p][}:)][:I]

Yes I know John but never have you 15 women at home for a cuppa and tchat? cot, cot, cot, cot, cot, cot,cot, cot, cot, cot, cot, cot,cot, cot, cot, cot, cot, cot, your best place is your hide away heaven ( work shop ) [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom