Pay Pal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wudnhed

Hey Guys,

Got a fake paypal message in my email today. Said they were having trouble with some accounts and needed verification. I ALMOST fell for it but something made me call paypal to see if it was for real or not, it WASN'T. If you have answered this email recently please go into paypal and change your password.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

I get lot's of these. Just forward it to spoof@paypal.com then delete it.
Just remember that PayPal will never send you an e-mail.

Thanks for pointing this out!

beamer

Thanks for the Head's up, Becca. I adhere firmly to this rule: If i didn't type in the web address myself, it can't be trusted. Period.

I think that's the only way to avoid being tricked into a scam. You have to type your bank's addres, paypal's addres, ebay's address, whatever address. It's the only way to be sure it's legit. It's sad, but you can't trust anything in email, really.

its_virgil

I used to send these emails to paypal but after sending 84 of them in 3 months I've stopped. I just delete them now.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by stevers
<br />Got one a few months ago and forwarded it tool the spoof address and they sent me back a thank you and "told" me they were looking into it.

larrystephens

Originally posted by stevers
<br />Got one a few months ago and forwarded it tool the spoof address and they sent me back a thank you and "told" me they were looking into it.

Take my word, they are not looking into it, and if you fall for one, you will be on a long road to get your money back, if ever. These also come marked from Wells Fargo, Washington Mutual, even the IRS. Move your mouse over the link in the letter, you will usually see a very long address that begins in Rumania or some other third world place.

BigRob777

The funny part is that all of the spoofs I've gotten and tested, don't have your paypal name in the box. I click on my link to paypal and see if it's affected. Well, at least I used to, but I've received hundreds over the past 6 months and I just delete them now. I told paypal about the first two.
Also, what Larry said..

I get them that say so and so bought something, is charging me for something, is added to my list of people with access, or that my password is changed. Some people can be so horrible, but then again, some of my best friends are people.[:0]
Rob

Rifleman1776

If I get an e-mail from a business I haven't written to first, I just delete without opening. Just opening can send cookies telling them your address is good and you may be a sucker for fake stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom