Ornaments for Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RogerGarrett

RogerGarrett

Just thought I would share a small sampling of what is made for Christmas (or year round) ornaments this year.

Woods used in all nine: Holly finials, cocobolo, spalted maple, amboyna burl, walnut burl, redheart finials, spalted pine, rosewood finials, cherry, and apple.

Best,
Roger Garrett

Attachments

• 3 BD a rs.jpg
    3 BD a rs.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 469
  • 3 BD b rs.jpg
    3 BD b rs.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 384
  • 3 BH c rs.jpg
    3 BH c rs.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 340
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HawksFeather

Roger,

You did a very nice job on these and don't think they will last long when you go to sell them. Either that or people will be happy when they get their gift.

Jerry

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Congratulations Roger on your creative Ornamental Birdhouses. They are very well done. I love to make ornamental bird houses as well and was wondering why you didn't take the time to turn an attractive perch to go with you very elequent houses?
Pat

RogerGarrett

thanks!

Congratulations Roger on your creative Ornamental Birdhouses. They are very well done. I love to make ornamental bird houses as well and was wondering why you didn't take the time to turn an attractive perch to go with you very elequent houses?
Pat

Thank you for your kind comments. I have a pdf file somewhere that explains everything in a tutorial - along with pictures. Seems to me I posted it on here a couple of years back - I can look.

To answer Pat's question - I have turned a few perches - and they look better - especially when making them from an exotic wood such as ebony or cocobolo. However, when I'm making 80-100 of these at a time, perches become pretty time-consuming - especially considering the work in the finials. Probably not a very good excuse!:biggrin:

Best,
Roger

areaman

nice job! I did a bunch just for family and friends and agree, doing the perches would be very time consuming. None of mine are the same, and by the time I got them done I was tired of them. Good job, they look great and Im sure will go fast as said before.

Top Bottom