Well, it was a miserable day at the office. First, I reconfigured the lathe for the 8" buffer wheel setup from Penn State, and set to buffing a set of blanks that's been sitting for about a month so the shellawax could fully harden. After going through all three steps on one piece, I could see exactly zero difference between it and the one that wasn't buffed. Nothing. Very disappointing for the $80 I spent on the kit. Next I set to assembling the click pen those blanks were turned for, and I screwed up the steps, mainly because the instructions need to be read through a microscope. Because of how the pieces are pressed in, there's no way to punch them out without destroying something. So hours of work on the blanks and a whole click pen kit went into the trash. I am jerked, because I HATE wasting stuff. No need to respond or offer suggestions, I just needed to vent. All in all, confidence took a major hit.