New Look

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
You'll notice a few changes... The header is totally different. It's a multi-level javascript menu that is typical of modern web design. All the familiar stuff is there, just hover around and you'll find your way. Another nice thing... the header is exactly the same on every page. I hope this improves your navigation around the site.

The main page is rearranged too. A bunch of links from there are now in the menu at the top. So we've got room for more photos and such.

More changes coming, but not as drastic at this.

Let me know if you spot a bug. Comments welcome.

Regards - Jeff

Malainse

Originally posted by Trapshooter
<br />Wow, put my computor down for supper, picked it back and I thought I messed up. Looks nice so far[:)]

Same here, had a bite to eat and ??? Looks good....

NavyDiver

Originally posted by Malainse
<br />
Originally posted by Trapshooter
<br />Wow, put my computor down for supper, picked it back and I thought I messed up. Looks nice so far[:)]

Same here, had a bite to eat and ??? Looks good....

I wasn't even gone that long. Went to tuck the girls into bed and came right back.

I like the new look [:)] .

woodwish

Looks good once I realized that it was not an error on my end. Thanks for all the hard work you do with this. We all do appreciate it even if we don't say so often enough.

cozee

Awesome! The new Java scripts really help in searching for information and reduce the time it takes to do so!

Thanks Jeff!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />I really like the new homepage. I'm not alway a big fan of JS menus, but these aren't TO bad!
What DO you like? [:D] I'm not a big fan, but this is a commercial menu engine that's pretty small and efficient and works on everything I've tried. Very configurable, so if you think something should be different, lemme know and I'll look into it. The real motivator was getting around on fewer clicks, and freeing up some screen real estate.

panini

Great new format...Thought my eyes was messing with my brain...Restarted the computer a few times and opened penturners.org in different browser to see if my eyes was messed up...[8D][8D]

M

Mudder

I like the new look.

Much easier to navigate and a much cleaner appearance.

mewell

Jeff - I'm not sure is this ever existed or if it broke in the new release... Wasn't there a way to "unsubscribe" from a topic by just going to the topic you were subscribed to and clicking a button/icon? I know that we've always be able to do that through the "Your Subscriptions" page, but ....[?]

Mark

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well done Jeff, I think it looks neater and is easier to navigate.

I always chose ' All Forums' as, for me anyway, I could see more at a glance. On your drop down boxes, 'All Forums' wasn't an option.
Took me a few minutes to find that the header is actually a button as well. But only for that part. Until I figured it out, I went into any topic then pressed the 'All Forums' folder.

Great work, now less scrolling to see the home page too[:)]

keithz

Don't care for the forum navigation. It was much easier to scan the different forums in the old format rather than having to go through two dropdown menus to find each forum.

Just my opinion, which, when combined with a quarter will total a quarter.

keithz

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by keithz
<br />Don't care for the forum navigation. It was much easier to scan the different forums in the old format rather than having to go through two dropdown menus to find each forum.

Just my opinion, which, when combined with a quarter will total a quarter.

keithz
If you click the word "Forums" in the top level of the menu, you'll get to the old forum list. Is that the list you mean? Thanks!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by mewell
<br />Jeff - I'm not sure is this ever existed or if it broke in the new release... Wasn't there a way to "unsubscribe" from a topic by just going to the topic you were subscribed to and clicking a button/icon? I know that we've always be able to do that through the "Your Subscriptions" page, but ....[?]

Mark
That's FIXED!

Nolan

Jeff,
Super looking upgrade!! Only dislike is when I slide over to push active topic radial button if not careful and go too high the members tools / features drop downs activate and cover up the one I am trying to select. Don't know if this is clear but if so maybe more vertical separation between the two menus. Or give me a mouse class[:D]
Nolan

Oahunative

As a new member I had not gotten used to the old look yet, But I can tell you this ... this site is leaps and bounds beyond what the competition has going on.

Fine job! Great Site!

Merry Dog Gone Christmas Everyone!

BigRob777

I first noticed the color changes, then the headers. My first website had that type of buttons, but it will take me a while to get used to it. I like the mobility you have on every page.
Rob

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />I like it and I happen to like JS menus. What is the engine you used? I could use that myself.
http://www.milonic.com/
Inexpensive, tons of features/options, and easy to implement. The only downside is that it's not list based, so crawlers don't see your menu structure, but really, so what!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I tweaked the forum menu a little. Now all the forums are in the first dropdown and there's a link to the main forum page if you want that. Do a control-reload if you don't see it yet. The menu config stays in your browser cache...

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by n4631x
<br />Jeff,
Super looking upgrade!! Only dislike is when I slide over to push active topic radial button if not careful and go too high the members tools / features drop downs activate and cover up the one I am trying to select. Don't know if this is clear but if so maybe more vertical separation between the two menus. Or give me a mouse class[:D]
Nolan
Nolan, I dropped the second menu a couple of pixels, maybe that will help. Come at it from the bottom and you won't trip the top menu first. Thanks for the comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom