New in Atlanta Area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

I am just getting into pen turning. I have a friend in the northeast who turns pens and I really like what he does. I have always liked pens and I enjoy making things so it seems like a good fit for me.

I have not even purchased any tools, equipment or stock yet, but will be doing so very soon.

Any suggestions and recommendations on lathes, suppliers, and other equipment would be greatly appreciated.

I do plan to sell what I make eventually. I don't plan to get rich or even make a living at it. I am hoping to cover my costs and maybe make a few extra bucks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Gary! I'm from not quite so sunny (today) California. I'm putting a few links here that might help you get an idea on things "to start."

Good start for a beginner outlining the some of the essential things to start off with – by Hank
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41005

This link has postings by different pen turners on what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

There are many penturners here at IAP that are also vendors selling various types of tools, equipment and supplies. Many of the post in the Business Classified and Most Valued Vendor forum - the links are found under "FORUM" on the first blue line above.

Russell Eaton

Welcome from Stockbridge Ga. We have local meetings at Woodcraft every few months. Look at the local chapter section for dates. I think the next one is in December. Hope to meet you there. Russell

Mark

Hi Gary. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask questions.

BTW: We love pictures. Enjoy the site..

Atherton Pens

Welcome....

I'm from Atlanta area also, Powder Springs.

I hope you enjoy IAP. There's lots of great stuff in the archives and the folks here are always willing to help.

Enjoy.....

PenMan1

Welcome from Lake Oconee, Gary. Good to have some more Georgia among us here! Any way I can ever help, I am a PM away. Lot's of good stuff here! Enjoy!

Top Bottom