New guy from Florida

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bking0217

Hello everyone. My name's Brian and I recently became addicted to turning. I got started by taking a pen turning class at Woodcraft. I'm not interest in trying to make a living doing this, as much as simply trying to make the best pens I can.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Welcome Brian, not everyone here makes their living at pen making in fact few do. Most of us range from just a hobby to hope it pays enough to support the addiction. We have some very talented pen turners and almost all of them will be happy to answer your questions. Except for the one grumpy member.:) Post the pens you make as you go and they will be glad to help you when you need improving if you do.

Well excuse me........ the one happiness challenged member:biggrin:

Mike

Last edited:

Padre

Welcome to IAP from a member in Connecticut! There is a wealth of information on this site, both from other members and in the library. Lots of good folks on this site.

bitshird

Welcome to the IAP the worlds greatest collection of pen turning knowledge, and don't worry about trying to make a living out of turning pens, just have all the fun you can and make the best pens that you can as well. If you have any questions, there is always someone that can help or at least guide you in the right direction.

bruce119

Welcome form Holiday just North of Tampa. There is a ton of information every thing you want to know and much more. Be sire to check out the classifieds for great one of a kind deals. Don't be shy make yourself at home. We are all friends this is more like a friendly community.
Bruce

Atherton Pens

Welcome from Georgia. I'm pretty new at pen making, too. You will find a ton of information on this site. Visit often and don't be afraid to ask questions and look around at the forums and library for topics.

Glad you're here.

Gary

Mark

Hi Brian. Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of great info stored here, as well as lots of people willing and able to help answer any questions you might have. Enjoy the site..

Atherton Pens

Welcome from Georgia!

Good luck supporting the addiction!

Sometimes I feel like IAP site is like an AA meeting, "Hi, my name is Gary and I'm a pen turner....."

Top Bottom