New Aluminum Segment Design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from djwood1

djwood1

Here' a design I made for single barrel pens. Now I need to figure out a name for the design. Anyone got any good ideas?

Aero pen, black wood, aluminum segments, BLO/CA finish.

Comments are welcome...THX

I didn't see a tutorial on this type of segmenting. Would folks like to see a tutorial on this type of segmenting? Let me know if there already is a tutorial for using aluminum for curved lines!

Attachments

• Aero-10ktCh-48-1-wlj.jpg
    Aero-10ktCh-48-1-wlj.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 471
  • Aero-10ktCh-48-2-wlj.jpg
    Aero-10ktCh-48-2-wlj.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Aero-10ktCH-48-3-wlj.jpg
    Aero-10ktCH-48-3-wlj.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Sure thanks a lot something else I have to figure out how it was done. Not that I'll likely be able to do one but fun to try and figure out how the cuts were made. Very nice looking pen. Ok I think I figured it out with better tooling than what I have it might be possible.:rolleyes: Wife has this addiction to food though so better tools likely won't happen any time soon.:frown:

Last edited:

oops99

Hey David,

Great detail on that pen, almost looks like it was mechanically made, so precise. What size blades do you use to get such a tight fit? I have been using copper roof flashing and using a big thick blade to try and keep things tight, but I can't even come close to you precision. Also what are you using for the aluminum, what gauge?

Again, great work.

Tom/oops99

bdonald

Awesome job David! Definitely inspiring me to try one. I bought some aluminum, just keep getting sidetracked. This may change my priorities!

byounghusband

Beautiful Pen!! Even if there is any kind of Tutorial on doing ths type of segmenting, your viewpoint is yours and how you do it will inspire others to try it and be successful. Please, if you feel led to write it up, there will be plenty who will appreciate it.

djwood1

Thanks

Thanks for all the nice comments and the PMs. I'll work on a tutorial when I have free time.

No really, I will, I promise! :)

chance

tutorial please!!

I have only been making pens about 3 months and just mastered my first celtic knot. Have been doing other inlays also. I am assuming this is something similar to how you do the celtic knot but I would love a tutorial. :)

jbeyer

It is very beautiful... how did you make the pattern?

I'd like to try something like that...

Jonathan

Top Bottom