necklace

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

elody21

I don't have the photo yet, but it won't be long. Just a word of warning. I put the piece of wood too close to the chuck and almost lost my thumb! I will probably loose my nail. You know you are a wood turner after a chuck tries to take you thumb off, the first thing you yell is I hope the blood didn't get on the piece! Then the pain comes. Alice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrazyBear

We All learn 'eventualy' My recent Learning experience was to polish a piece of wood on the lathe(spinning) with a cloth wrapped round my index finger.The clothe caught on the chuch and pulled my finger in and twisted it in every direction. Finger is now permenantly bent and painfull to the touch. This happened about two months ago.

Hey ho.. At least its still attached(if a funny shape)

elody21

Crazy Bear,
That is why I always use Bounty paper towels for polishing. They just rip away.
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I am working on several necklaces, so when I get all of the polishing done I'll post a photo, of the necklaces, not my thumb!
Really sorry to hear about your finger! What did the doctor say? Is is broken or sprained? Sometimes a sprain takes a lot longer to stop hurting.
Alice

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
No pics of the thumb..??..i thought it was no pics didn't happen :)

Just kidding, hope you heal well and painless..!

Curious to see your necklaces...presuming they are made of corian..?

Crazy Bear,
That is why I always use Bounty paper towels for polishing. They just rip away.
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I am working on several necklaces, so when I get all of the polishing done I'll post a photo, of the necklaces, not my thumb!
Really sorry to hear about your finger! What did the doctor say? Is is broken or sprained? Sometimes a sprain takes a lot longer to stop hurting.
Alice

nava1uni

I am eager to see your necklaces after having seen other pieces that you have posted here on IAP. Hope your thumb is healing and the pain is lessening with each day.

Top Bottom