Anthony!!! Close shave??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Interested in feedback on this one. The material is a new 2 inch diameter rod, in cheetah pattern.

My first shaving brush. Uses Anthony's brush head (which I have had for over a year and couldn't find the right handle material).

I know these are put on hangers, is this about the right approach??

Attachments

• brushshavingcheetahnet.jpg
    brushshavingcheetahnet.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 273
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ben,

The brush heads come in different sizes (from Anthony's site), this is 30mm (1 and 1/8 inch hole worked). Always thought they would be neat, but didn't want to use WOOD for the handle -- with it being submersed to clean. I also think the Alternative Bone would look good.

Just ideas, maybe Anthony will give us a link to his site so you can see his selection.

Last edited:

fernhills

Hi Ed, I really like that material, I like my handles to be about 3" long, seems right to me.
If you could PM me on how much it would cost,, i would like to buy a little of it. I think it may sell well.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, guys,

I am going to introduce it at $2.25 per inch. I.e. $4.50 for 2", $6.75 for 3" (two bottle stoppers). The piece I used for the handle was 2".

Corrected pricing is $3.90 per linear inch

At present, I have about 4 feet of each color. I have 30 days to evaluate, before my next order. So, if you wanna get it right away, just email me. Yes, you CAN add it to an order from "Exoticblanks". Just place that order, as usual and email me and we will get it into the package and bill through paypal for the difference.

IF it looks like it will sell, we will add it to Exotics in the next couple weeks. Right now, I am trying to stay out of Dawn's way. LOTS going on there. All good.

Thanks for your interest!!

Last edited:

PenWorks

Looks good Ed, even if you had to shake the dust off the knot :biggrin: I am not following you when you said four of each color? Do you have this 2" rod in all your cat patterns?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Looks good Ed, even if you had to shake the dust off the knot :biggrin: I am not following you when you said four of each color? Do you have this 2" rod in all your cat patterns?

Not yet.

I just bought three rods, cheetah, Zebra and bengal tiger (patterns they had in stock). IF it looks like it will sell, I will add snow leopard and leopard. Trouble is, it's heavy so the shipping cost really adds up. AND, this time the customs people hit me for nearly 10% upcharge --- I need to learn more about classification and point of manufacture.

My real question for you, Anthony, was on the design of the handle. To be held on the "brush tree", is this about the normal design???
Also, I encourage you to post a link to your brush "knots", so the guys know where to buy them. Lots of people are on the site, they can always use a "reminder"!!

Thanks for any input on design, I will be making a half dozen for shows.

rjwolfe3

That is sweet. I am thinking of expanding my product line and that looks like it might fit the bill. I am hoping to get a gift certificate for my bday so expect an order or two from me in the next two weeks. (Will be ordering with or without the gc, lol)

PenWorks

Ed, Do not let the brush stand dictate your handle design. Looks like you cut a grove for the brush to hang on the handle. Most (not all) brush stands, the brush will be hung at the top of the handle (see pic) this way you can be more creative on your handle design. Also, I never used a brush stand till a couple of years later. Nothing wrong with just standinng your brush up after you shake out most of the moisture.

Attachments

• stands.jpg
    stands.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 103

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That is sweet. I am thinking of expanding my product line and that looks like it might fit the bill. I am hoping to get a gift certificate for my bday so expect an order or two from me in the next two weeks. (Will be ordering with or without the gc, lol)

Would that be from your beautiful, intelligent wife about whom you have always spoken so highly??? I recall you frequently alluding to her strong support for your hobby and her continuous encouragement for you to display your exceptional products!!!

Would that be the lady from whom you anticipate a GIFT CERTIFICATE!!!

You had not mentioned she is also an incredibly GENEROUS person, until now that is!!

There you go. Rob, just show her the green part -- we'll see you next week!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

rjwolfe3

Lol, Ed with those flowing words you think I would be getting a huge gc but no, the one I am hoping for is from my parents. We don't celebrate my birthday at my house. (Something about insurance won't cover the candles on the cake.)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Next question, Anthony.

Is the handle on that razor also one you turned???

If so, do you just break a "stock" razor and replace or what?

OK, I just went to Anthony's site for the first time in a long time.

HE sells all the hardware above!!!

Stop in and take a look! Couple that with some of our resins and there's potential!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom