my tru-stone recipe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
A couple years ago, I posted what I considered to be a near successful attempt at creating my own turquoise webbing effect. if you care to view it just check my thread history for "tru-stone success?" won't be hard to find as I only started about a dozen threads. So anyway, several people asked for the recipe while others advised me to keep for myself. I took that advise and have always kind of regretted it. I fell like it was not a decision that reflected the nature of this group. You all were helpful beyond measure and when I actually had something that I could contribute, I selfishly guarded it. It has been along time since I was able to make any pens or really get into my shop. I don't really think I will get back after it either. Someone from the group contacted me after 2 years, asking for the recipe. I figure this is as good a time as any to apologize, and to rectify. I have made a short video explaining the method that I used to acquire marbling and webbing in cast resin. I didn't actually have the resin to demonstrate properly, but I hope that someone finds my video to be helpful. the finished product was never "perfect" but with minor tweaking, I believe you can create something you will be happy with. I will subscribe to this thread, so I will receive any questions and I will answer the best I can, but this is also somewhat of a "goodbye" (just 2 years late)
Turquoise pen blank - YouTube

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

Thanks for the video, Paul! Damn nice of you to share your technique. :biggrin:

Sorry to see you go, though. C'mon back to the IAP any time you want! We'd be glad to have you back! :)

sumterdad

I hope this is not a permanent goodbye. It sounds like you could give out alot of nice info that could help someone. And thanks for the video

GoodTurns

thanks very much for the share....it makes sense! Also glad to see that the avatar was a fake! stick around...you have some skills in that shop!

Top Bottom