Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD

Hello !
I did not turn my first pencil yet (I wait for the pen mill),
But I use my time to prepare to pen turning... Last week
I make my pen press. I took inspiration from the models which
I saw here (thanks to those that had posted pictures here !)

AMD-pen_press.jpg

Alain M-D
http://www.miville-deschenes.com/amd_anglais/

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bnoles

That has got to be the nicest pen press I have ever layed my eyes on. I believe that would just about press trousers as well [:D]

Great job!

Alain,
I will assume you could mount the press vertical... I'm not a fan of horizontal pen presses... I personally feel more control in a vertical configuration. I already have an arbor press from Harbor Freight that works for me, so not looking to change..... Very pretty pen press though.
I took a good look at your website... beautiful knives... have you ever heard of Bob Hardin? he is a 78 year old craftsman in Coker Creek, TN that sculpts knives. More strictly for display than any practical use.
Your knives look much more practical..more like something I woudl rather own.

Mikey

That is a nice press. Since I still use a quick grip clamp, I need to make one soon. Have any pictures of the steps involved in making this one?

Skye

Oh, and you need to do a little rewording on your website:

This pendant was handcrafted <b>in</b> a piece of mammoth ivory having lived on earth <b>there are 11 000 to 100 000</b> years ago.

This would be better:

This pendant was handcrafted <b>from</b> a piece of mammoth ivory having lived on <b>earth 11,000 to 100,000 years ago</b>.

or

This pendant was handcrafted <b>from</b> a piece of mammoth ivory <b>which is anywhere from 11,000 to 100,000 years old</b>.

I think it's safe to ommit the 'earth' part as that's a given [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom