My 1st Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tjv

tjv

Its a really good feeling when you sell your 1st pen. Its almost like some sort of vindication that you've chosen a good hobby to do. :)

I've been away from wood turning for about 12 or so years and this time I've decided to get into pen turning. I'm concentrating on a minimal set of kits and using Australiam eucalypt burl. For the moment I'm using red/brown mallee, red/cream coolabah and bimble box. Hopefully this will expand.

I've turned maybe 15-20 pens of various types trying to settle on timbers and finishes.

Finishes are still being a bit elusive but for the moment of sticking to a couple of coats of CA plus polish and wax. So far I'm happy.

Well, today I've had my 1st sale. A simple Sierra kit in red mallee.

Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• DSC_4814.jpg
    DSC_4814.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC_4815.jpg
    DSC_4815.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_4816.jpg
    DSC_4816.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgsean

Beautiful timber, and good match to the kit. Well done. Congrats on your first sale. I know how you feel, when a hobby pays for itself its great!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Congrats on a beautiful pen AND a sale! Getting paid to have fun is not a bad deal. When my brother-in-law asks why I like turning so much... I say "how would you like it if a friend/stranger paid for you to go golfing?"

Be well!

mecompco

Very nice looking pen! I love the Sierra style. Congrats on your first sale--I'm still a ways from mine, I'm afraid. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Michael

magpens

Congratulations !! First sale is indeed exciting ! ... Here's wishing you more successes !!

Top Bottom