Most Recent Realistic Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dunebuggy83

Dunebuggy83

Here is the most recent "Cigar" pen that I finished. I used mesquite burl and dyed oak for the ash. I did the ash detail with my laser engraver. Would love to hear fee
1005191528a_HDR.jpg
1005191528_HDR.jpg
dback.

Attachments

• 1005191528_HDR.jpg
    1005191528_HDR.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 1005191528a_HDR.jpg
    1005191528a_HDR.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Very Nice. I do have a question. I've built a few of those and I chose to make the cap the end with the label. I guy that helped me get started making them put the label on the pen just as you did. I'm not saying who's right or wrong or better than the other I'm asking your opinion. Do you have any particular reason for making the ash end the cap and the label on the pen? I liked the label on the cap so hat if the pen is used to write with the label won't wear from being used. My friend said he just liked it better. Just wondering what your thoughts were. Thanks

Joey that cigar pen is really realistic! If I can ask I would like to make them and would you explain the kit, the blank, dimensions, and how you did the ash. Sorry you said everything but the dimensions and the kit that I could see. And thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

MDWine

These tutorials are in the resources library. They will answer a bunch of questions. Of course, there is no learning like doing!

-and-

Dunebuggy83

Very Nice. I do have a question. I've built a few of those and I chose to make the cap the end with the label. I guy that helped me get started making them put the label on the pen just as you did. I'm not saying who's right or wrong or better than the other I'm asking your opinion. Do you have any particular reason for making the ash end the cap and the label on the pen? I liked the label on the cap so hat if the pen is used to write with the label won't wear from being used. My friend said he just liked it better. Just wondering what your thoughts were. Thanks

I have done a couple the other way and found that for some of the larger bands the best positioning for looks fell where the cap would separate, so I started doing it the other way.

Dunebuggy83

Joey that cigar pen is really realistic! If I can ask I would like to make them and would you explain the kit, the blank, dimensions, and how you did the ash. Sorry you said everything but the dimensions and the kit that I could see. And thanks for sharing this.

The kit is the magnetic vertex. The blank size for the mesquite is around 6"...you can get away with a little shorter and a minimum of 3/4 in sq. I generally use a piece about 1 1/2 long for the ash. For the ash detail I held it under my laser and just moved it around by hand.

The kit is the magnetic vertex. The blank size for the mesquite is around 6"...you can get away with a little shorter and a minimum of 3/4 in sq. I generally use a piece about 1 1/2 long for the ash. For the ash detail I held it under my laser and just moved it around by hand.

Joey, thanks so much, I'll post a picture when I get one done.

Top Bottom