Miss America sings Happy Birthday to me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hey everybody - I received a huge birthday surprise today. Miss America 1987, Kellye Cash, grand niece of Johnny Cash was part of a mission team from Milan, TN that came to help out during our annual general meeting here in Japan.

Usually teams like this do a kind of Vacation Bible School for the Missionary Kids, and have special programs for the Teens - as we carry out business, training and have our own worship. Kellye came with her church team and assisted in the adults worship by doing music, singing and testimony. Today was my 60th and even though they were not supposed to make birthday announcements of missionaries during formal meetings, they did do mine.

Our speaker was late in coming into the room and Kellye had just finished the opening music for our session. Wondering what to do next, someone said "It is Hank Lee's Birthday". So she asked where I was, (I was standing, talking in the back), and then she said "Happy 60'th Hank". Then she sang a humorous rendition of Patsy Cline's song "Crazy". Then "Happy Birthday".

Just had to tell all of you about my surprise birthday song. I did get some pictures of her, Linda and myself.

I will say that is probably the best surprise I have ever had on my birthday, including my 40th which was a surprise party.

PS. I did cross post this on the WW forum forum of which I am a member.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

That is GLOAT worthy [;)]

Belated happy birthday! I would sing for you but can't match Miss America so never mind [:D]

DocStram

Happy Birthday, Hank! Having Miss America sing to you on your birthday .... must have been a real buzz. Have you thought about sending her a special pen?

JimGo

Wow, that's a heck of a story Hank! Congratulations, happy belated birthday, and as the saying goes here...no pics, it didn't happen. [:D]

leehljp

Member Liaison
Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Happy Birthday, Hank! Having Miss America sing to you on your birthday .... must have been a real buzz. Have you thought about sending her a special pen?

Great idea! The rest of the team were special too. I will have to make one for each of them, and then take them when I go home in May for a few weeks. My sister lives about 30 miles from Milan.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks fellows for the birthday wishes. Tom, It was not recorded as the AV guy was fiddleing around at the time. [:(]

I will post some picts tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom