Dear Abby,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocStram

Dear Abby,
After weeks of gathering up used and new parts, I finally have my vacuum chuck working! It even has a 1/3 hp Gast vacuum pump and pulls a good 24 hg. It does a great job of holding bowls while I turn them. My problem is that everytime I have the vacuum pump running ... I have this uncontrollable urge to crank up the vacuum pump while holding the other end of the hose in my mouth. I'm just curious to see what it would do. My wife says "Don't do it." I'm thinking it might be a fast way to lose a few pounds. What advice do you have?
Signed,
DocStram

"Dear Doc,
You're obviously a member of IAP. Why not write to them and ask for their opinion? Surely another woodturner has had the same thoughts!
Abby"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clewless

ooh,ooh, maybe you'll be the next person in the news to have his bowels turned inside out instead of his bowls. Or will it make the Snopes urban legend site?

Make sure someone with a cell phone camera is there so it gets on the news shows....on the other hand, maybe you can get Rosie O'Donnell to try it for you.[:D][;)][:)]

PS Please don't wear your IAP shirt when you try this...[:D][:p][}:)]

Jerryconn

Originally posted by clewless
<br />
Make sure someone with a cell phone camera is there so it gets on the news shows....on the other hand, maybe you can get Rosie O'Donnell to try it for you.[:D][;)][:)]

PS Please don't wear your IAP shirt when you try this...[:D][:p][}:)]

I'm not sure that will work, I think she may pull more vacuum than the machine! [:0]

cbonner

Whatever you do, don't say the last words uttered by crazy rednecks prior to their untimely death.... "Hey everybody, watch this!"

M

Mudder

Don't do it!

Remember that guy in the Dick Tracy comics that had a head looked like a raisin?
How do you think he got that way?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Dear Mrs DocStram, sorry for your loss.
Please can I have his tools?
I will not require the vac pump.

[:D]

ilikewood

If your going to lose a few brain cells, try alcohol. ALTHOUGH, sucking them out would be highly entertaining to those around you, so it might be a draw to which one is better.

jeffj13

IAP 10th Birthday Bash Trivia Contest for January 10, 2014.

Name the IAP member who was killed by one of his tools, bonus points for naming the tool

PenWorks

Dear Abby, Dear Abby...
My fountain pen leaks
My wife hollers at me and my kids are all freaks
Every side I get up on is the wrong side of bed
If it weren't so expensive I'd wish I were dead
Signed Unhappy

Lyrics & song by John Prine

woodbutcher

I use a Linda Lovelace vacum pump. So far it has collapsed everything I've hooked it to. It has really blown me away. I also noticed the chrome missing from my trailer hitch and rear bumper.At times it seems the word "wood" seems to have taken on a whole new meaning.[:D]

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
WoW...that brings back memories, thought I was the only one who ever heard of or listened to John Prine...

"..with her hair up in curlers..."
[:)][:I]

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Dear Abby, Dear Abby...
My fountain pen leaks
My wife hollers at me and my kids are all freaks
Every side I get up on is the wrong side of bed
If it weren't so expensive I'd wish I were dead
Signed Unhappy

Lyrics & song by John Prine

PenWorks

Dear Doc Dear Doc,
You are very smart.....
To ask your friends,
before you start [:D]

John, a guitar player that is in my brother's store all the time, just got back from Nashville and played on John Prine's new album. Unfortunately, he is battling cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom