Minimum Needed - HF shopping list

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Hi all,

I've always liked the thought of casting my own blanks, so I'm planning on picking up a few things at HF when I'm down in Duluth in early January...

I know there's been a few posts on this, but I need a short, simple shopping list that I can follow - 'cause I can't just go back and get something if I forget it - it'll be another year before I go back, likely!

Now, to cast something like alumilite, do I need the full-blown pressure pot setup, or can I just buy an ultrasonic cleaner to get the bubbles out of the mix...since alumilite cures really quickly, you won't have time to get it pressurized, would you?

For PR, it's the consensus that you need a pressure setup to do things right, correct?

If I'm buying the pressure pot setup, I imagine that I need the pressure pot from HF, the blue or red box...and a guage of some sort. Plumbing fittings can be bought up here though, I imagine...just ordinary plumbers pipe fittings, or do they need to be some special high-pressure stuff?

What else? Air compressor's likely coming for Christmas, I'm thinking, so that'll cover that part...

Do I need an inline filter of some sort?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

You will find the coupons on some websites. If the coupon says 20% off one item then chances are HF will not honor it as it is a fraudulent coupon. There were some of those coupons posted here recently and I tried to use them at two different HF while buying my pressure pot and vacuum thingy. The 20% coupons would not scan and at both stores a manager was called and told me that there were some sites out there making fraudulent HF coupons. The 15% coupon that was mailed to me in a weekly flyer went through fine.

PM me closer to the time you are leaving and if I have another coupon I'd be happy to mail it to you.

The problem with the HF 20% coupons that are being posted is that they are just the graphic for the coupon with the encoded UPC. The complete coupon is dated and bordered... The date for the coupon is encoded in the UPC code from what I have been told by an old friend who managed and was a new store opener for HF. So the coupon comes up as no good as it has expired. I haven't seen a new/real 20% coupon in a year or so.

If you are looking for the HF pressure pot it is on sale on-line presently.

1, HF 2 1/2 gallon paint pressure pot #93119 - $39.99
several packs of, 5 pc solid brass quick coupler set #42444 - $2.87
(they have been less)(you can never have too many couplers)

Look these item #'s up and print them out, put the pages in a folder and that in your luggage or breifcase for your trip.:)

You will also need a hose or hoses and shutoff valves. Some of which will depend on your compressor as to the diameter you need.

You can always use extra/bigger water-traps/filters on a compressor.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I do that every time, George! That's why I'm posting now! :)

Starting to get quite the list for Harbor Freight! Hope it's all in stock! I'm quite excited about the pressure pot - I really hope I get an air compressor for Christmas!

Two weeks to go...looking forward to it!

Andrew

RHossack

Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

Ok, so full pressure system then eh? Where do you find the coupons? I checked the site, and no luck there...are they in a flyer?
Andrew;

The 15% coupon is in their flier that's mailed out. However, here is a
non-expiring 20% coupon I use frequently.

hf20.jpg

stevers

Originally posted by Geo in Winnipeg

Andrew, If you are like me it won't matter how many different bits and pieces you buy you will always be 1 or 2 short!:D;)

That's how it seems to go. Thought I had it all and ended up back at least once, maybe twice.

Brewmeister35

Someone posted a neat setup a month ago or so and I can't remember who it was. They had a combo guage for both vacuum and pressure and the guage was cheap. I bought one for my new setup which should be here tomorrow :D. The guage is from surpluscenter.com and is item # 21-1634-AY for 3.99 plus shipping. Didn't sound like a bad deal to me.

Top Bottom