Mid engine corvette

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Don't know if I would want to sit next to the engine... when Pontiac had the mid engine Fiero, there was a tendency for the engine to catch fire.

I do wish I still have either my '64 or '65 Stingray back... the '64 was stolen and replaced with the '65 which I sold when I got married the frist time... think the car would have lasted longer than the marriage. My choice would be the '64... it had a 327 engine with a Holley AFB carb that could pump gas through the engine nearly as fast as a gas pump... at idle it just loped, not a smooth idle... shortly after I got it, to check it out on the 405 in L.A. I kicked it up to 125 mph, the front end was rising and I still had pedal left.... last time I ever drove it that fast.

EricRN

Don't know if I would want to sit next to the engine... when Pontiac had the mid engine Fiero, there was a tendency for the engine to catch fire.

I do wish I still have either my '64 or '65 Stingray back... the '64 was stolen and replaced with the '65 which I sold when I got married the frist time... think the car would have lasted longer than the marriage. My choice would be the '64... it had a 327 engine with a Holley AFB carb that could pump gas through the engine nearly as fast as a gas pump... at idle it just loped, not a smooth idle... shortly after I got it, to check it out on the 405 in L.A. I kicked it up to 125 mph, the front end was rising and I still had pedal left.... last time I ever drove it that fast.
Nice! C2 is hands down my favorite body style for the coupes. For convertibles, I'm partial to the c3 (but only up through '71 or so). Maybe some day...

SteveG

I will stay (in my fond memories) with my '57 'Vette, 283, dual quad, 283 hp, removable hard top plus soft top. Drove it for years in the '70's, daily driver. Too bad, sold when running out of $ building a house in the '90's. Turned heads everywhere I went! BTW, engine was up front, right where it ought to be!

Bryguy

What a beauty that car is, and a bargain when compared with European equivalents.
1612093569430.png

Haha.....European cars cost more cos they can go fast on roads that have bends in them....๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜‰
After my divorce in which the wife got the 280Z (a Japanese version of the Corvette) and left me with a Toyota Corolla, I decided I wanted to go back to sports cars... Leased a 1976 Alfa Romeo Alfetta (Needed a back seet 'cause I got custody of the 5 year old )... drove it for 13 years before I couldn't afford the maintenance, plus there wasn't an Alfa dealer in Houston. Was a fantastic car to drive, loved it, but decided Italians must have been built differently... I drove it with the seat titlted back a bit cause the roof was a bit low and by the time I got the seat where I could do the pedals comfortably, my arms were stretched to their max to handle the steering. It did have some peculiarities that made maintenance a little more expensive... it had an X-frame, with a flexible drive shaft (3 pieces joined by hard rubber connectors) I actually broke one of the connectors in Phoenix on my way to Texas when I moved home... spent a day there while the dealer scrounged up a part. a few years later in Houston found I had a problem with the end of the drive shaft that went into the rear axle had been vibrating a little and sharpened it like a pencil... Alfa couldn't tell me which drive shaft I needed (was actually 3 different models used in the Alfetta)... wound up calling my old mechanic in California who knew exactly which I needed and shipped it to me for $600 plus cost of install) then the brakes went bad on the rear end... rear brakes were inboard on the rear end and not on the wheels... I only needed calipers, but the mechanic didn't know how to change just the calipers... wound up with a $700 brake job. When the fuel injectors went out I knew I couldn't keep it.

Top Bottom