Many New Firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska! This is many new "Firsts" for me.

1) This is my first time posting to the forum.
2) This is the first pen I have made using an "Oil Slick" DiamondCast (TM) blank from McKenzie Penworks.
3) This is the first time I have turned Alumilite. Wow compared with Rhino Plastic and the Inlace Acrylester that I have used before it turns like a dream!
4) This is the first time I have used the "Oil Spill" Cigar Pen Kit from Turner's Warehouse - I think it makes a nice compliment to the DiamondCast blank.

Comments and critiques are welcome and will be taken in the spirit offered - how else can us relative newbies learn.
Also a very special thank you to my YouTube mentor, Bob from RJB Woodturner - if you haven't checked out Bob's YouTube channels I encourage you to do so.

Best Regards,
Dave (egnald)

IMG_0778 Cropped.jpg
IMG_0780 Cropped.jpg
IMG_0781 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carlmorrell

Now that's a great first post. Not a pregnant slimline. Excellent pairing of kit & blank. I made my first with that material yesterday also.

Attachments

• IMG_3047.JPG
    IMG_3047.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 185

LouCee

Greetings from Nebraska! This is many new "Firsts" for me.

1) This is my first time posting to the forum.
2) This is the first pen I have made using an "Oil Slick" DiamondCast (TM) blank from McKenzie Penworks.
3) This is the first time I have turned Alumilite. Wow compared with Rhino Plastic and the Inlace Acrylester that I have used before it turns like a dream!
4) This is the first time I have used the "Oil Spill" Cigar Pen Kit from Turner's Warehouse - I think it makes a nice compliment to the DiamondCast blank.

Looks good! Congratulations on all your firsts, nice work!

magpens

Wow, Dave !!!!!

I would also offer congratulations on all your firsts !!!!

The pen you show is a real knockout !!! . How Magnificent !!!!

That pen kit sure beats the "run of the mill" cigar kit .... especially with the blank you dressed it with ... SO WELL !!!!! .

Heaps of Kudos to you !!

J_B

Dave, what is to critique ? I wish my first looked like this ahh Welcome aboard. Very nice start with a beautiful combo. Second what Carl stated about the pregnant slimlines.

henry1164

If this is the first then I can't wait to see what's next! Beautiful combination, turn and finish. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery....I will try to copy this pen exactly. Thanks for posting.

Gregf

Great choice of the pen and blank! Just received my Oil Slick blanks today. Will have to look at the Oil Spill kits.

1shootist

Thats a fantastic combination of pen and blank !! Perfect match.

An well done on your work...it all looks great.

Top Bottom