Majestic Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stick Rounder

Stick Rounder

Hello! Just finished this for a customer, thought I would share it with all of you before it got away. Please tell me what you think.

1_AMB_Majestic1.jpg

1_AMB_Majestic4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

That is a pretty piece of wood on that kit. Nice fit and finish but you need to lighten the picture a bit so we can really see the true color of that blank. Put it through some photo program.

Stick Rounder

Well, its gone. Back to the shop. I got some of those super long click pens from Lau Lau Woodworks in the post today. I'll give those a try. Thank you for comments. I will try to lighten the photo, don't really have too much experience with that but I'll give it a try.

GouletPens

Have you made and/or sold many of these majestics before? I just made my first few the other day, and my experience has been that pens this large have been much tougher to sell.

Stick Rounder

I have made 4 sold 3. They sell just as fast as I make them and show them. This particular one was ordered. I think the reason "blue lagoon" has not sold yet is no one out side of you all have seen it.

Stick Rounder

Great looking pen! Where did you get the blanks?

Ebay. There is this seller that has beautiful Amboyna Burl. It is shipped from SE Asia.
s.gif
Immpiretch is the Ebay seller name. All of the pieces I've bought are 100% burl, very figured. I guess I am spoiled, I went to my local Woodcraft looking at there wood selection of burls, they do not even come close, same with the other online wood sellers. I buy blocks and cut them to size as needed.

Top Bottom