Label Software

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JWO

New to pen making. I want to make labels and cast them into blanks. School logos, names, etc. I have the tools and materials but I am struggling with designing and printing labels. Tried making them in Microsoft paint but not very flexible, sizing was difficult an quality of print was less than desirable. Any suggestions on software? Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

How do you intend to print your labels? If you are planning on using standard label stock, then two software options come to mind.

First, Microsoft Word has templates that match standard Avery label formats. They may not be part of the standard Word install, but you should be able to google them and download them.

Second, Avery offers its own software that can be used to create labels formatted for any of its standard label products. It's called Avery Design Pro, and can be downloaded from the Avery site.

And by the way, you can buy generic label stock at Office Max or Staples that is cross-indexed to the matching Avery label.

MRDucks2

Hey, Jeff. On my welcome aboard response, I failed to mention that in addition to onlinelabels.com for weatherproof labels and Word for most of my label work, my favorite creation/editing software for all things graphic long ago became paint.net. Look it up and give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Here, I'll put it here too:

Welcome Jeff. I live between Beech Grove and Southport. For your labels, you can go to onlinelabels.com. Once there you can establish an account I think it costs $25.00 for 3 months, not sure. Order your paper for your labels (OL177WJ) You can upload you images, and print from there. They have assistance to help if you need it. OR, they will print them for you. Check it out, then have fun.

brailsmt

I recommend giving gimp a try. It is an image editing application that aims to be an alternative to photoshop, and for most intents and purposes, it does just that. It is free, being that it is open source software.

Woodchipper

Be aware of copyright laws. Had a friend get into hot water over this. Cost him a bundle. Good luck as you seem to have something in mind to offer.

Top Bottom