Jewelry Chest for Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

This is a jewelry chest that I recently completed for a client that I met at the Toronto Pen Show. He purchased a pen storage chest at the Pen Show from me and asked if I could do a pen chest? Well let's just say that I took the challenge and here I am showing the IAP the result.

The chest is solid wood (cherry & mahogany) and brass harware. The two(2) doors swing open to reveal storage for necklaces. When closed, the brass latches keep the five(5) drawere fully secured. Each of the drawers has wooden dividers to keep things (rings, bangles, watches, earrings etc.) nicely organized. I debated about lining the drawers with felt but opted not too. I want the look and "feel" of wood to dominate this piece. Hopefully the woman that will receive this will be pleased with my effort.

Thanks for viewing.
P1010001.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010002.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

I don't think you have ever made a bad chest or pen case. You know that top drawer would look great with some Boone rings in it.

Timbo

Great work on that box Peter. Someone's gonna be real happy with that one. I would have opted to line the drawers with black felt. I don't think it would take away from the piece at all, and it adds a touch of elegance. Maybe line one and show the lined and unlined samples to a few ladies in your life to get their opinion.

Lined or not, its a very nice piece...good job!

fernhills

Very nice, excellent work. I think it should be lined as well, not so much for appearances but for the quite sound when a piece of jewelry is placed into it. Carl

Top Bottom