is there a youtube for pr casting and adding colou

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

I have seen a short video clip but can't remember where other than it wasn't Utube. I would look in the library and also the sites of turners like Ed - yoyospin. The video was something that I think I linked to from a tutorial. Also have a look through some of the posts in the casting section. Some casters have shown picture sequences. Adding colour has been talked about frequently. It wil take some time but while you are doing research you will find lots of other useful info.

grub32

Is there interest for that kind of thing out there? I was going to do it if anyone would like to see it!! Any responses would be greatly appreciated. If I know people want it, I will do it!!

grub32

Varinokid

yeah a clip would be great. Reading tutorial is great also but I'm a visual person, I learn better when I can see things in action than just "reading".

grub32

I guess to make it, I will need some info on what people would like to see and I will get it done!!

Grub32

I will do it this weekend :D

spitfire

Originally posted by grub32

I guess to make it, I will need some info on what people would like to see and I will get it done!!

Grub32

I will do it this weekend :D

This would be great as I want to cast and this would be very helpful. Can't wait to see it. I will e on here all weekend now waiting for the link :D

grub32

Boy...This sounds like it is going to be a very lengthy video...maybe 2 or 3 parts to do it well at a good resolution. I need to go get my scale back and then I can do some good!! It will have to be Saturday!! I will keep you all informed!!

Grub32

jcollazo

Originally posted by grub32

Boy...This sounds like it is going to be a very lengthy video...maybe 2 or 3 parts to do it well at a good resolution. I need to go get my scale back and then I can do some good!! It will have to be Saturday!! I will keep you all informed!!

It really doesn't have to be rushed. Better to spend more time planning what you want show than to rush through it and not show enough of "everything".

Maybe segment #1 could be how to do a simple 1 color cast. #2 could be multicolor swirls and effects. #3 using different types of casting molds.

Just my 2¢

Hi all fellow turners, I did not know I would get such a response on this topic.
I done some searching around you-tube and this is the best video I can find but it sill dose not give me an insight to casting acrylics for pen making, but the video was clean and well spoken, this instructional video was great, but if it was to do with the casting of acrylics for pens blanks it would be even better.

Now im probably the best person to ask what should be in the video because I have never ever cast a blank and I cannot sleep at night of the wanting to try.
Most of what I have learnt is reading topics and looking at craft sites. I would rather watch a video than to read pages and pages of text.
Here are the pointers I would want to know.

1st. Health and safety.
2nd. The basics.
3rd. A good insight to materials used and where to obtain them.
4th. You don't have to giveaway secret recipes but you could certainly make some new ones for the video.
5th. Do's and don'ts.
6th. Tips and tricks
7th. In depth about colours on how to use them.
Video needs to be around an hour and 30 mins long, put dvd markers in the editing so that people can go to a subject if they need to.
And then charge around $10 to $15 per DVD

And then in part-two of this video advance techniques.

Video needs to be in PAL format for the UK buyers as well.

For example:
Here is that link for the youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Wp9CmSKFY

Regards Mervyn
wwwturnedwood.co.uk
mail@turnedwood.co.uk

grub32

I have just cast some molds and video taped it...I am going to edit the video tonight and put it up tomorrow on youtube. I screwed up one of the casts because I was yapping and mixing. You can get the general idea...If it helps, let me know and I will put up more!!

Grub32

Celt40

I would also like to see a video on casting. I am also a person that needs to see things before it sinks in to my thick scull.
I bought books from Amazon on resin jewelry making just to find out more on casting as i have looked, but could not find anything.
I would be interested in use of colour, how to blend colours, mould making, what colour pigment to use is it opaque or translusant.
I will be looking out for videos soon.

Thanks

Top Bottom