Ipad2-Cherry case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

I got the idea to build this from my Bruda (pron. brooda). It's a sold cherry wood case built to "protect" my Ipad2. Serves both as a transport case and display stand when I take it to pen shows. This is a 1st generation protype and I may make some others in more exotic wood. Total weigh is 700 grams for the case. Not too heavy.

Hope you like and it inspires others to build their own.

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010009.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Very nice Peter, Now I'm going to have to make and sell a bunch of tools so I can get an I-Pad, like I don't have enough electronic trouble making devices around all ready!!
It really is a beautiful case.

sbwertz

This is a chest my husband made for a client. The top makes an easel for the ipad, and stores it. The drawers store accessories, pda's chargers, etc.

Attachments

• DSC01299.jpg
    DSC01299.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 183

sbell111

Very Nice!! But remember apple products have glass screens so it can break easily. You may want to put some felt in the top and bottom.

Unless he tossed something on top of it prior to slamming it closed, he'll never break the screen against the flat inside of the box. You could scratch it up if it can slide about in there, but not crack it.

LeeR

I love it Peter. Guess I'll have to get an iPad so I can make one.

Dick,

You could try my approach ... I might make one, and then tell my wife I need to get an iPad to go in it ... :)

I've used this a few times before:

1. Bought the CDs, then got a CD player (OK, that goes WAY back).
2. Bought the Blurays, then got the player to replace the DVD player.
3. Bought the Nova chuck, then bought the lathe (that one was really stretching the concept ...)

:)

wood-of-1kind

Very Nice!! But remember apple products have glass screens so it can break easily. You may want to put some felt in the top and bottom.

Unless he tossed something on top of it prior to slamming it closed, he'll never break the screen against the flat inside of the box. You could scratch it up if it can slide about in there, but not crack it.

If you look closely the IPad has a "skin" surrounding the perimeter of the screen. This prevents the device from getting scratched from the top closing on the screen. I gave a lot of consideration to design something that protects my little "baby" from damage. Part of my challenge was to make it strong and yet light.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to view this post and double thanks to those that kindly posted a comment.:)

Top Bottom