Hi From MD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JRay8

Hi All,
Just found this site a day or two ago. I have already found a bunch of useful information.
I am pretty new to turning but have been woodworking for about 5 years. I got into it out of a need to fix up my house. I remodeled my bathroom and could not bring myself to pay the price for a vanity. So, I bought a table saw and some lumber for less $$ and built it my self.
Since I have built a 12x16 workshop in the back yard and filled it with woodworking tools.
I will see you all around the forum.
Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Jim, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. You mention that you have read some of the site, be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Getting_started_in_penturning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

snyiper

Welcome to the Vortex from Southern MD! Pen turning is like falling in a black hole you just keep getting deeper only more fun!

JRay8

Jim--

Have you found Exotic Lumber over near the Bridge? Great selection of stuff, and it's near you.

YES! I live just a few minutes from there. They have a section of pen blanks and most are under 2 bucks. My profile pic is of a pen i turned from a blank i got there for about a dollar.

JRay8

Welcome Jim, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. You mention that you have read some of the site, be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Getting_started_in_penturning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles
Thanks Charles, the library is going to be a dangerous place for me. i will want to try everything!

Top Bottom