He's HOME!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Yep, my son is home from Iraq... thanks be to God and all of you for your prayers. We got back from Camp Lejeune at 2:00 AM this morning and he is with us on leave for 10 days. He had some scares and close calls, but he's safe for now. He went through some things that no one should have to experience and brought back some shrapnel that would have taken his legs off had the HumV's tires not absorbed them. Mortar and RPG rounds simultaneously hit the HumV he was standing beside. The Marines inside the Hummer suffered mild concusions, but are otherwise okay. His unit lost 16 people during their 7 plus month ordeal... the most of any unit since the campaign started. My heart and prayers go out to all of the families involved. As well as all those still in harms way.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Billy
Please thank him for my wife and I. We truly appreciate everything he and his unit has done. Give him a big hug, we will say thanks for his safe return.

Dario

Billy,

Do thank him for us. We are very happy for you all.

Despite his close call, I am sure that you are relieved he is back home.

melogic

Billy,
Glad to hear he is home safe and sound (except for his close call). Please let him know how much my wife and daughter and I appreciate what he has done for us and this country and he and all of the other men and women will remain in our prayers.

johnson

I am glad your son made it home ok. Thank him for me. Hopefully he gets to stay out of there now. These multi tours just don't seem right. I cannot imagine what it must be like having family on the ground over there. Two of my sons were over there, but they are Navy and that is a whole different world. Their tour was only six months and then home again.
Dale

Billy B.
I am glad your son is back. I can personally relate to what you went through our son went for one year already in 2004 and now is going back in a couple of months again to replace the other guys in his unit over there. Having served myself in the military I can relate also to what our sons are doing for our country and I too think of all the ladies and guys that are there now. I am so proud of them and our sons and it is so great when they get to come home. Tell him thanks and job well done.
Bob[:)]

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Glad the good Lord kept him safe during his tour. I know everyone was praying the he and everyone else that is currently serving our country, be kept from harm.
I also know that not everyone agrees that we should be over there, but we do what we must do to keep our country the best there is and to preserve our freedom. Again, thank him for his courage to serve and protect this great country of ours.

JimGo

I'm glad to see that everyone has made it home safely Billy. I hope everyone is able to enjoy the next 10 days to their fullest potential! As many others have said, please give John a big hug and thank him for the sacrifices he's made for me and my family.

fuzzydog

Very Very happy that your boy is back. Our prayers continue to go out to the brave men and women that serve in harms way. I look forward to the day they can all come home.

alamocdc

Thanks, everyone. Jim, I want to especially thank you for all of your attempts to help in his marital (or lack thereof) situation. Time being short (for him being here) we had to attain the services of an attorney that was recommended by someone that used him for this sort of thing. I was hoping he would be able to save as much of his money as possible, but we just couldn't wait anymore. Please thank all of those who attempted assistance. John's attorney will file tomorrow and she will be served next week.

terrymiller

Billy, glad to here that he is home ok. I still have several friends over there from my command. Enjoy the time with him.

Trapshooter

Glad he is home safe. Please pass on a different message for my wife and I. We have three childeren, a son 4, two daugters 5 and 8. All of which are being rased to respect and honor what others and your son have sacrificed for our country. Ignore the media, we thank you.

BigRob777

Billy,
I never did any service in the Arid countries, but I was on 24 hour notice for the Persian Gulf fiasco back in 1980 (the Ayatolah Knomeni thing). Your son is a hero in my book, just for being there for us all, let alone whatever other sacrifices he made for our country. Thanks for raising a hero.
Rob
PS I thank God, he made it back healthy!

woodwish

Billy, glad your son in back home safely! I still have a lot of ex-students over there and relatives of current students (several military bases in the area), and I pray for all of them daily. I hope all of you do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom