New Type of Therapy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I am generally NOT an advocate of this type of therapy, but

In case you've had a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological texts. The funny thing is that it really works...

1. Picture yourself near a stream.

2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.

3. No one but you knows your secret place.

4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called "the world,"

5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

6. Bubbles slowly float to the surface creating a gentle gurgling sound.

7. The water is crystal clear.

8. You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding underwater.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Hey, come on guys! You're going to put me out of business!! No fair stealing from our bag of tricks and spreading such trade secrets all over the internet! Now I'm going to have to go back and revamp my entire treatment protocol for relaxation, so that I still have something new to offer! [:D][:D]

gerryr

Angela, I have another one for you. You'll love it. It's a recording of the voice mail for the Irish Mental Health Hotline. Send me an email and I'll send it to you. My wife loves it.

Anybody else who wants it can also send me an email.

woodwish

My broadcast staff (I teach video productions in high school) has really been getting on each others nerves the last few days, maybe we just need a weekend or something. Today I told them we were trying a little group therapy, turned most of the lights out, had all of them close their eyes, and gently talked my way through the whole thing. Seemed to be just what we needed to finish off the week, thanks for bringing a laugh to a room full of cranky teenagers and their grumpy teacher. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom