Hello! Pencil making

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Evgenia

Hello everyone,

I am so happy to find this forum! I have a question. After a lot of research I am looking for pencil mechanisms (0.5mm, 0.7mm) with which I can make modern single piece mechanical pencils, as in the file attached. I have only found clutch 5.6mm but it is not very easy to use. Do you know where I can find to order in not huge quantities?
Thanks a lot! Evi
20190601_211920.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bryguy

Nice pencil! I use the guts from Pentel Sharp Mechanical Pencil which I buy in bulk from Amazon. I am attaching some files with explicit directions. There is also an excellent article by
Richord Kleinhenz from wood turning Design, which I found online. This should certainly be enough to get you started.

Attachments

• PentelPencilMW.pdf
    310.1 KB · Views: 553
  • pentel.pdf
    217.3 KB · Views: 468
  • Pentel Pencil.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 368

MPVic

Hello everyone,

I am so happy to find this forum! I have a question. After a lot of research I am looking for pencil mechanisms (0.5mm, 0.7mm) with which I can make modern single piece mechanical pencils, as in the file attached. I have only found clutch 5.6mm but it is not very easy to use. Do you know where I can find to order in not huge quantities?
Thanks a lot! EviView attachment 220845
Welcome to the club!!

budnder

What kind of lead does the one in your photo use? I like the look of the business end - maybe because the lead is nicely pointy. I'm only familiar with the standard ever-sharp sort of leads that are just flat on the ends.

penicillin

You can buy many pencil kits with 0.7 mm pencil mechanisms. I buy pencil kits from my local Rockler store:

Many people here buy Pentel P205 (0.5 mm) and Pentel P203 (0.3 mm) mechanical pencils. They remove the mechanisms and install them into their own wood turnings. The Pentel P203 pencils are not available in the US directly, but you can find them on eBay and from other sources.

Top Bottom