Hello from Midlothian, Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DMGill

I've been a s-a-h mom and housewife for 26 years. Once the kids were out of school and moving out (that seems to be a looong drawn out process), it was time to develop my own hobbies and activities. I started doing decorative painting with acrylics. Love that!

At the same time, my husband started furnishing/upgrading his woodshop. He bought a Delta lathe at the wood show in Mesquite last year. I started playing around with it, liked it, and bought a penmaking kit at Rockler. I'm hooked! Now I spend more time (and money) in his woodshop than he does!

I found IAP while searching for penmaking supplies. What a wealth of information! I already learned a whole lot and look forward to learning much more.

:star:Donna:star:
Midlothian, TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

Welcome, Donna, from Arlington, TX. You are right: this craft is so addictive and satisfying. I by far give away and gift more pens than I ever try to sell. Congratulations on your choice of lathes; it is a good brand. I also recently found out about IAP and joined. It was one of the best things I have done. The information available and the folks that participate here are the best.

Welcome Donna from Southern California!

I am new here as well. Your introduction to the site is similar to mine in that I was searching the web for different pen kits and came across this site. I was up all night just reading the different post and articles in the library. There is much to learn and a lot of people here to help you along the way. I just started turning pens back in December and I am totally hooked. I hope you enjoy the site.

glennw

A huge Welcome aboard from Waycross, Georgia. I have been turning for some time and I still feel like a newbie Donna. Always remember to post pics of your work. These guys are a wealth of knowledge as you already know. And have some of the best products you can buy.

ctubbs

Welcome Donna from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Top Bottom