New(ish) member from MD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbswearingen

Hi folks. I joined up years ago, but wasn't able to get my shop up and running, so I didn't participate. I've finally started using my lathe again (after nearly a decade away!), so I figured I'd hop back in.

I learned to use the lathe in a military wood shop back when I was in the Marines. I started on small bowls and loved them, but steered clear of spindle shtuff. Now I'm into spindles and don't find much joy in bowls. It's probably because I need more practice...

My immediate goals are to start making pens that I find "perfect" enough to sell...I'm not looking to change my income source, but looking more to sell enough that the habit, er, uh, hobby can feed itself. I'm sure the missus will soon tire of me spending the mortgage on turning tools and blanks!

For those of you over on Woodnet, I'm smpr_fi_mac.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

Welcome from Southern MD, Point Lookout area to be a little more exact. Welcome to the Vortex you will find all great people here willing to help and share. Nice to have someone else kind of close anyway. Perhaps we can have a inpromptu meeting of us "locals" some time in the future.

Top Bottom