Gel ink for slimline....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Just wondering where to get the best deal on replacement ink refills to fit the Slimline pens from PSI. But I don't want to replace the refill with the standard black ink....I need "GEL" ink refills.

So where do you get 'em from?

Scott (shameless plug for your favorite vendor) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

They seem to have been out forever. I dont see anyone having it in stock in black I just wonder if it is still being made.

jskeen

Fisher makes their "space pen" refills in cross style refills, as well as parker style and their own proprietary sizes. They are fantastic, but not cheap. I seem to recall somebody here sold them at one time, but if not, they are all over the web, and I seem to recall seeing them at office max or one of those places.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I was a distributor for Cross brand refills many years ago. The "master distributor" from whom I purchased, said that Cross refills were too small a diameter for gel ink to flow properly.

Now, everybody calls anything whatever they want to, but I still believe he knew HIS product better than the Chinese that want to make a refill and call it "whatever".

Our refills for Cross write nicely, and I am open to looking at better ones, if anyone has a favorite source. But I really doubt that there is a true gel in a cross diameter refill.

You are entitled to your opinion, even if it differs from MINE!!!

Rfturner

If you are clever you can take a pilot G3 refill and modify the slimline pens to take them but as far as a true cross style refil I have never seen a gel type, one of the reasons is that the gel inks are thicker and they would be used up too quickly in such a small refill

SDB777

Whew...

Thanks everyone for two things... Confirming what I had found(they don't exist)---thought I was going nuts or something not being able to find something! And secondly, for giving some good options!

Scott (I am just a little nuts though) B

ldb2000

+1 for the Fisher space pen refills . They write very smooth and last for a long time . They are more expensive but they outlast regular cross refills by allot . I use them almost exclusively .

Top Bottom