First segmented pen finished!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nates02gt

nates02gt

It took to tries but I got it done. I ended up using the white gorilla glue and the blank held together quite well. I am happy with it for it being my first one. I want to try adding metal in between the segments next time. Any tips on that would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 427
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Wow Nate, That looks Fantastic.
Great Segmentation, and Centering.
I love the Continuity either side of the Centre Band.
As regards to adding Metal in between the segments for your next one.
If you were going to use the same colours as this one, I would hesitate, as I believe that the Orange, Black and White, are bold enough and instantly grab your attention.
I don't know if the adding of a silver or brass insert either side of the White Centre Segment, would do much to add to the Blank. If the Center Segment was a Dark colour or Black, It could then be an advantage.
That is just my opinion.
But it isn't going to cost you much to try it, if it doesn't work you have only lost a Blank, and Tube.
Great work,
Brian.

Last edited:

plano_harry

Nice looking pen Nate! You can probably get 14 pages of tips on segmenting if you use the Search function at the top left of the home page.

plantman

Nice looking pen Nate. For some odd reason, when I look at it, it speaks to me in Canadian. If you are going to add metal in your segments next time, be sure to sand both sides before applying a thick CA to the pieces. Jim S

Top Bottom