First Pen with the Beall Pen Wizard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DMStewart

DMStewart

Recently purchased the Beall Pen Wizard after considering it for 4 years. Experimented a bit and decided to make a Vertex rollerball. The wood used is plum with 3 coats of wipe on poly. I am going to enjoy the possibilities of this.

Attachments

• Vertex faceted.jpg
    Vertex faceted.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

Awesome. Looks great.

Side notes: If you use stabilized wood, it is easy to polish after you shape and you would not need CA.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Well done! Looks GREAT!

It seems like to me that many people go for the Pen Wizard with great imaginations, only to find out that imaginations don't always play out in wood like they thought. . . But you nailed it on that one!

Last edited:

DMStewart

My next step is to do the same pen, same wood but do the flats on a spiral. The challenge is figuring out the gearing to start and end with the flats matching the hardware alignment.
I did find that pen wizard, like anything, is a tool that requires imagination but then the calculating to figure out how to accomplish the imagining.
I also make bud vases and I'm working on a method to mount them. It's only a "pen" wizard until I figure out other mounting methods.

Thanks for all the comments.

walshjp17

I also make bud vases and I'm working on a method to mount them. It's only a "pen" wizard until I figure out other mounting methods.

Let me know how you plan to do this. I have been working on a way to try to mount kitless/closed-end pens on the Wizard. JR Beall told me it was not possible. That got my juices flowing and I now have a start. Still some thinking/manufacturing to go.

Your pen is great. Love the matching hex flats.

jpw

DMStewart

Worst thing one can do is tell a person who likes to tinker that "it can't be done". I'll skectch something out and post it for closed end pens. Have an idea on how to do that.

Top Bottom