Customer Service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaw

First of all CSUA has one of the best customer service departments I have ever worked with. This rant is about UPS. I place an order yesterday with CSUA with overnite UPS delivery. I have a project that needs done for the weekend. A customer of mine what 2 statesman pens for this weekend for a gift. I place the order with CSUA shipping overnite. Tracked the Shipment it said it was deliveried at 1:10pm today on my front door. Guess what not there. Called UPS she said it was deliveried and I told her it was not. She said to check the neighbors houses then call the shipper (CSUA).

I call CSUA and they would track the order. CSUA called and said it would be a number of hours before UPS can trace the order because they are waiting for a upload. Note not Next Day. The cost of shipping you would think UPS would do a much better job.

CSUA is sending out another order Over Nite for which I thank them. Should I receive the other package just have to send one back.

I will be telling my customers from now on 2 weeks for special orders. Never had I had a problem with USPS system.

I do not use FED-EX and noew I will not be using UPS unless forced to.

Nils if you are reading please give UPS on a course of good customer service because your company and AS have one of the best customer service departments. Thanks why I keep buy from these two vendors.

Sorry about the rant.

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Alan,

I agree about CSUSA having one of (if not) the best customer service. There are some areas of breakdown though, in this case, shipping.

I've had that done to me several times...and most of the time on overnight delivery. They will claim they tried to deliver but no one is home...even if we were there waiting [:(!]!!! I think they use that "excuse" to buy time when they get delayed. Honestly, I prefer that they tell me the truth.

Note: the shipping experience shared above are NOT for items bought from CSUSA.

huntersilver

yes, CSUSA has great customer service.

I agree you should perhaps ask for more time for special orders, or
pay the unfortunate price as I have done and increase your
inventory investmen[:0]

gerryr

I had a similar experience with FEDEX a couple of years ago. I was asked to build a fly rod for a Trout Unlimited banquet and auction. I had one week to get it done and no blank. I ordered the blank overnight delivery and the supplier got it to FEDEX no problem and gave me the tracking number. I checked on it the next day the online system said it was delivered. When I got home, guess what? I was finally able to get through to someone local and was told the driver said she delivered it to a brown house. My house is white. I finally located it about 9:00 when some neighbors about a 1/2 mile away called and said they had a package for me. The supplier refunded the shipping charge and was going to fight with FEDEX about it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
None of the delivery services are thrilled about delivering to residences, cause they don't KNOW what your house looks like!!!

This is not to forgive them, merely point out, have it delivered WHERE YOU ARE during the day, if at all possible. Also saves money since there is a premium on residential deliveries with United Parcel (UPS), and the United States Postal Service does NOT actually have YOU sign for a package-so when they say it was delivered it COULD be anywhere!

You paid nothing for this advice and got every penny's worth!!!!!!!!!!

ashaw

Finally got my package last night. It was three doors up from my house. The wife saw the package took it in thinking it was for her husband. When he came home from work he brought it down to the house.

The funny thing was UPS deliveried my wfie's package to the house at the same time tey deliveried mine to another home.

Leason learned. Tell customer 2 week turn around time.
Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom