Couple of slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Heres the last of the slimlines for awhile. Now I can get back to the bigger stuff for a break. :D

Top one is made from Cocobolo and the bottom ones is Becote. Thanks for looking!
SlimFatCocobolo.jpg

SlimBecote.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cigarman

Great looking pens. Very nice wood and finish as welll as a good fit on the kit. Good luck on the big ones, they are fun and show more pattern to the grain than the slim.

PenWorks

Very nice RT. Really like the new background color [:p] I can't wait to see what your gonna pick for page three [:D]

Your bigs ones should get to you soon, shipped yesterday [;)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Again, R.T., you've produced some beautiful pens. I'm partial to the bocote. We may have to revoke your picture posting privileges soon...you're setting the bar much too high!

jdavis

Super fit and finish. They look great. I have the students turn these woods after they get the basics down. They like the grain. Again Great job on these.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by jdavis
<br />I have the students turn these woods after they get the basics down.
Jack--Do you have a way of showing off some of your students' pens in your album? Maybe it's just me, but I'd love to see what the younger generation of turners is doing. We've got a few young turners on the site and it's always interesting to see what the kids are coming up with.

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone! It's always nice to read the comments and opinions from the group that got me this far. Even yours Anthony. [:D]

jdavis

Lou, we are working on getting photos in album. Our computer systems are networked through our Regional Service Center and we have to go through them. Alot of paperwork, but I am working on it daily. Hope to have some posted shortly.

TomC

I like your pens RT, I have only made slimlines so far and none as nice as yours. But my day in the sun is near. [:)]

Tom

WoodChucker

Thanks Tom! You will fly right by me one day soon, just hang in there. There are guys here that have less time on the job then me and making much better pens. If you've never done any type of wood turning before the slimline is a great pen to practice on because you are removing more wood and it gives you a chance to hone your turning skills before stepping up to the more expensive kits. Heck, you might even be ready now, post some pics of your work and let us see what ya got. [;)]

opfoto

R.T.

Great job on those two pens....I like them both. The band on the Bocote, is that from the PSI design your own line ??? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom