new pen and photo tent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

As of late each time I open my browser I get a whiff of gun-powder from my speakers. Lots of bullet and shell casing pens flying around lately. The smell of gunpowder has stirred me into doing another shell casing pen. Powder coated brass and lead. The kit is a slimline...at least what I used of it...and the wood is mesquite burl. Enjoy and comments welcome.

20053344657_new%20bullet.jpg

Also, here is a picutre of the photo tent/booth that I used to take the picture. Found all the pieces in the garage. Worked pretty good.

Do a good turn dialy!
Don

20053344825_photo%20tent.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Fabulous pen, Don. A dramatic change from the last one you posted and I like this one even better! Also, that's a great photo set up...at least it MUST be based on the pictures you share. Thanks for sharing both!

Brent

Don, don't shoot me with that loaded bullet pen, but I was wondering if you have had time to finish your article on these. Also nice job on your pen. I like the wood on that one, what is the center ban made of,it looks good

WoodChucker

Don, great looking pen! I wish I could get those kind of results from my photo tent. I've not liked a single pic I took with it. Yours look great!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great looking pen and I love that photo tent! Thanks for posting that. This newbie will be looking to make one in the future.

Darley

Don, fabulous and awesome pen I do like the cut on the midle with the pickguard I think that bright up the colour of the burl, very nice set up for your tent, would be nice to see a ' how to do your own photo tent " I will have to think about this tent, what type of lamp did you use for the side? did you use one light under the tent ? I mean under the pen .

Serge

Darley

Don, fabulous and awesome pen I do like the cut on the midle with the pickguard I think that bright up the colour of the burl, very nice set up for your tent, would be nice to see a ' how to do your own photo tent " I will have to think about this tent, what type of lamp did you use for the side? did you use one light under the tent ? I mean under the pen, what kind of material did you use for the tent? .

Serge

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Another wood and casing!
Is antler out of style?
Just kidding.
I don't bother to take pictures of the ones I put in in the trash.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
OK Don, what is the photo tent made of... inquiring minds NEED to know.. LOL..
Looks like you can save me a bundle if give us the specs...
Thanks

its_virgil

thanks for the positive comments. Some notes on the pen and tent:
1. antler is not out of style...I love antler. but like mesquite too. I have made more of these pens from antler, so I thought I would try some different woods. I did get the wood from a trash pile, though.

2. The CB is made from the fiber washers from woodturningz.com

3. the cartridge is a 25-06

4. The tent is a rubbermade milk white plastic container...it is a bit small but I had it on hand. I will be looking for a little larger one soon. The idea came from the article I posted in the photo section yesterday.

5. The lights are aluminum reflector cheapos from dollar store and the bulbs are flourescent daylight bulbs. The lights are only on the sides because I onlly had two. May try another one on the top. None on the bottom.

6. The bullet/casing pen article is close to being finished. I want it to be readable and understandable. A couple of guys are using it to make a pen and will critique it and I'll make changes and get it posted ASAP.

I hope this answers the questions I remembered from the posts. Thanks for looking and for the kind words. Email me if I did not answer your question and I'll get back to you.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

its_virgil

Tom,
the tent is a rubbermade type plastic container....milky white. The idea came from the post I made yesterday to your thread about the tent you were considering. Here is the link

http://www.home-jewelry-business-success-tips.com/jewelry-photography.htm

picture of the cartridge pen was actally my first picture with it. I think I will persue this as my permanent table top tent.

good luck and do a good turn daily!
Don

dougle40

Good job Don. I belong to another forum and over there we'd call that a real "Redneck" solution !!! LOL
Nothing personal , the site is called "Pops Redneck Woodworking".
http://www.pops-shop.net/phpBB/portal.php

its_virgil

Serge,
I have a Cannon Powershot A510. It's the least expensive one I could find that can be automatic or manual to give the flexibility to do long exposures. Just under USD200...I think I paid $189 on sale reg. price is $199. I really wanted a Cannon Digital Rebel but couldn't part with the $900.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Darley
<br />Don what kind of camera did you use? is't a digital or not.

Serge

opfoto

Nice work. And a Great shot... Pun intended for the pen and the photo setup.
Oh no, I can see this on QVC now another selling feature for Rubbermaid or Tupperware.... From Refrig to oven to dishwasher to lathe..... Yours for only $19.95..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom