Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

Prizes that are left.

#1, 5, 6 from Nolan
1 $25 g.c. from Ed
CSUSA ?
Rex and Kip ?
Becca blanks

Al needs something and Karl needs something.

I need to go to hospital and believe I have done all I can handle right now. Andrew is there any way you can take over? I would really appreciate it and I'm so so sorry for bailing on you guys right before this all starts up. I really feel bad but I have to be gone today. I will try and check in tonight.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Andrew,

Who is choosing the prizes for the Loadza Loggers?

Are these new ones going to be used for that??

Or do we want to "reallocate" some that were already in "pews" and fill the "pews" later?

I don't care, but someone please let me know as I will start contacting the Loadza loggers winners as soon as we announce them.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Let's take the Lotza loggers from the extras...there are plenty of leftovers, so that seems to be the easiest move...

Unless you'd rather shuffle them around - either way is fine by me, but it seems easier to use one from the surplus category...

ANdrew

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We only need THREE for the Loadza Loggers.

I would like to use three of Nolan's packages (since we had 4 unassigned).

Will wait to talk to you, Andrew.

Scott

Surprise!

I heard from Ben at CSUSA today, and here is the list of their donations:

2 - 988-0204 Artisan 3/8" Spindle Gouges
2 - 988-6006 Henry Taylor KRYO 3/8" Spindle Gouges
1 - 930-4300 Wolverine Grinding Jig Complete (Basic System, Vari Grind Jig, Wheel Dresser)
2 - 050-6002 Pen Ultimate Assembly Tools
2 - 496-0100 Fractional Display Calipers
2 - 046-0700 Renaissance Wax

Additionally, Kip and Rex have donated:

1 - Turning Pens and Pencils DVD Volume 1
1 - Woodturning Projects DVD Volume 1

If I may suggest that at least the Wolverine go to the Donation drawing, since it's a pretty good prize. Sorry it took so long, Ben says they were having trouble with some fussy software, and it occupied all their time for a while.

Scott.

DocStram

Whoaaaaa Scott! Dang!!

I'll turn to our Prize Distribution Experts (Scott, Andrew, Becca, Ed, Cav) for input on how to use these prizes. But, at this point, with as many prizes as we already have .... I'd say use as many of these as we can for Jeff's Donation Drawing.

What do you guys think?

DocStram

Prize Allocation Committee

With all of these prizes coming in .... I would like to facilitate matters regarding how the prizes will be assigned. Cav is at work and I won't be able to talk with him until this evening. Therefore, I am making a unilateral decision! (Scary, I know) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Let's have a Prize Allocation Committee make all final decisions regarding how these "extra" prizes will be used. The Committee will be comprised of:

Andew
Scott
Becca
Ed

Committee members .... please let us know your decision after you deliberate!! :biggrin::biggrin:

(A pm has been sent to the Prize Allocation Committee.)

Last edited:

DocStram

$100 Berea Gift Certificate ?????

I just realized that Jeff is giving a $100 Berea Gift Certificate as part of the Donation Drawing.

Is this the SAME gift certificate that we're giving away in the Product Review Contest??? If so ... I need to change the announcement for the Product Review Contest. Please advise ASAP!

Randy_

.....But, at this point, with as many prizes as we already have .... I'd say use as many of these as we can for Jeff's Donation Drawing.

What do you guys think?

I would like to offer another perspective. There is the matter of diminishing returns whereby, no matter how many prizes you add to the pot, you are not going to increase, significantly, the number of donations. Some folks just don't have an extra 50 bucks to spare right now.

It has always been my experience that raffles generate more income because folks who can't get in for $25 or $50 can usually find a extra five spot so you significanlty increase the number of participants and by extension, your income.

So rather than piling on additional prizes to already well stocked contests, why not gather up all of the remaining prizes and have a raffle two or three paychecks down the road when folks have replenished their cash supply?

Just something to think about.:)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Whoaaaaa Scott! Dang!!

I'll turn to our Prize Distribution Experts (Scott, Andrew, Becca, Ed, Cav) for input on how to use these prizes. But, at this point, with as many prizes as we already have .... I'd say use as many of these as we can for Jeff's Donation Drawing.

What do you guys think?

Good thinkin Doc,

That's what we did, yesterday. In full consultation with Jeff.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Randy,

We (Andrew, Cav, Doc and I) are kicking around ideas for the "extra" prizes. One such idea, that seems popular is a "loser's pool" with $1ish (problem with paypal fees) tickets - very formative stages. Ideas from anyone will be entertained!!!

Randy_

Heads up, all you prize folks.

Just recieved a comment from TowMater. His name is Todd, not Tony. Please correct your records.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Becca!!!

Everybody healthy now? Sit back, relax and join the fun - Randy's retiring - so the trivia questions should take on a whole new aroma!!!

Join in! Good to see you back again.

wudnhed

Thanks guys, sure sorry I had to be absent for all this. Ed, your a good egg, wonder where that saying came from? Surfed around the party a bit and looks like you guys are having a great time. Our new addition, Jaelyn, is gaining weight and getting prettier every day, I'll try and send a picture soon. If there is any little things I can help with PLMK. I'm going to try and get my own house back in order the next few days and then off to my daughters again. Her sig. other is a paramedic and keeps odd hours and I don't like leaving her at night, at least until Jaelyn is a bit older. Keep us the great work guys.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well that's good -sounds like you won't be getting bored.

Take care of the family, get some REST and cook some good eggs (YUMMY)

Most of all, stay healthy!!

Top Bottom