CONTEST & PRIZES

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

Good morning sorta, lets get started again today.

Randy, got the CaptG's switched, good catch and thanks for the look over.

Ed, I'm editing the prize page as we go along, try to keep up wood ya???????

Hi Ben, not my call on adding a 2nd place winner. These contest were put into place way before I came on board. If we get enough extra prizes and the powers that be agree, I can't see why we couldn't add a 2nd place winner.

Andrew, your killing me, LOL!!!!!! What do you guys say about the above question, adding a 2nd winner for the contests that only have a first place?

Now you all have made my head dizzy but that's not hard to do................

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Couple of questions -- I made out the excel sheets, so I actually READ every entry.

We shoe only one prize for the pen and turner, slimline and best product review.

Nolan's prize in blank ID (2/21) looks like he meant to have 6 prizes

And, as Curtis' entry shows, Alumilite should have 6 prizes, not just one

Going home, will be in tomorrow.

I believe this helps us move some of the extra prizes, doesn't it??

Also, I hate to be a pain, but the Newbie prize may not be appropriate for ExoticBlanks. Is the NEWBIE likely to be able to turn resins??? May want to shuffle two prizes to give the newbie a break.

OK, that's my 2 cents worth. Be back later.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Hey, if you need more prizes, we'll get 'em! Let's go ahead and make a second place prize where we don't have one, and I'll find the prizes...just let me know how many more we need!

Oh, and Scott still has the offerings from CSUSA coming; should be a few prizes in there too...so we're probably ok for prizes!

(Sorry Becca: Didn't know what you were agreeing to, did you! :biggrin:) I'm not actively soliciting any more prizes; but a few are still trickling in from earlier emails...shouldn't be too many more - Aaron Lau is one of the last probables...

Andrew

wudnhed

I believe this helps us move some of the extra prizes, doesn't it??

Also, I hate to be a pain, but the Newbie prize may not be appropriate for ExoticBlanks. Is the NEWBIE likely to be able to turn resins??? May want to shuffle two prizes to give the newbie a break.

OK, that's my 2 cents worth. Be back later.

Ed, I included Nolan's final list as part of the 13 extra. I will work on changing the newbie prize, good thought. I will also add a 2nd prize to the contest that only have 1 winner.

Andrew, sure glad I know how to copy and paste, :eek::biggrin:

wudnhed

OK everyone, changes made so go and check them out. I also tried to make it easier to read. I think it looks pretty good. There are 7 extra boxes of blanks from Nolan and I think we should keep them as reserves in case I messed up or someone else can't honor their commitment. What say all of you?

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, Becca: they're still coming in! Copy these to your reserve, please!

Sylvanite: 4 sets of:
Two Little River Crafts 30-06 rifle cartridge pen kits -- one each in Brass and Nickel.
Each kit consists of a real, brand new 30-06 case with bullet nib, tubes, transmission, refill, matching fancy clip, and finial. The cartridge is drilled out to accept a cross-style refill and powder-coated in gloss clear. One tube is glued in and the transmission is installed. Just turn the upper barrel from the blank of your choice and assemble.
Johnnycnc - John Three prizes (or One if you'd like to combine them)
1) 1/2" keyless drill chuck + MT2 arbor
2) Sierra deluxe between centers bushing set, includes steel and delrin
3) MT2 live center

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Becca,

I have a confession. I am not trying to keep up to all these changes!!! I figure I will edit my lists two days before the bash begins!!

If you WANT to allow these late-comer gifts to be on the "agenda", you CAN remove some of mine. Mine can be held in abeyance - in case of need. OR you CAN leave everything just the way it is and "roll with the punches" as the contests evolve!!

You have BOTH done a great job, here!!! Hope Dawn and I can live up to the standards you've set!!!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Don Ward's Prize picture: (its_virgil)

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 76

wudnhed

Becca,

I have a confession. I am not trying to keep up to all these changes!!! I figure I will edit my lists two days before the bash begins!!

If you WANT to allow these late-comer gifts to be on the "agenda", you CAN remove some of mine. Mine can be held in abeyance - in case of need. OR you CAN leave everything just the way it is and "roll with the punches" as the contests evolve!!

You have BOTH done a great job, here!!! Hope Dawn and I can live up to the standards you've set!!!

LOL Ed, I had already removed a couple of yours because you and Dawn have alot on there. I think I have decided to leave everything as is, it looks pretty complete to me.

There are about 10 extra prizes and I will keep track of them to be used in an emergency. My only question is, do we wait on the CSUSA or should I go ahead and replace that prize with something I have here?

Last edited:

Scott

I have confidence that CSUSA is good for some prizes, I have just been having a heck of a time getting together with them. So I don't know what, and I don't know how many, but they evidently have some things in mind. Also Rex and Kip want to donate some videos, but they haven't said how many yet. Hang in there!

Scott.

wudnhed

I think the prizes are complete Scott unless I change my mind, which happens about 50 times a day:befuddled:. Maybe we want to at the CSUSA to Jeff's donation list. In the mean time, I will take your advise and hang for a while.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I sent Becca a PM but with her family situation, she may not be checking. The way I have my categories set up, I will need a total of 9 prizes. I was alloted 3 so I need 6 more if possible.

wudnhed

These are the changes Curtis, we mostly have blanks left for prizes. I did some switching around and got you some prizes other than blanks, hope they're OK.

Haven't checked out anything for Most Innovative as yet.

I'm half asleep, baby was taken C-section 4:00 am this morn. Girl (which we knew), 4lbs. 12 and half ounces. Very little but in good shape and strong. I will check back in with you guys tonight, off to the hospital again.

wudnhed

OK people, I believe the last changes have been made to the prizes. Please read them again and take note. There are several prizes left, here is the list:

Nolan 3 extra envelopes blanks
Ed 1 $25 GC
CSUSA ?
Rex & Kip ?

Probably best to save these prizes for incidentals. I'm off to the hospital again, have a great day and I'll check in this evening.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Should we make a post showing all the prizes that are being offered for the bash? It's an impressive list, and might help people think about donating next year...or supporting those vendors or IAP salespersons who donated to this bash...

Just thinking out loud...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Andrew,

Hearing no objections (and I will give that until tomorrow ---Saturday), I will construct a list and post it, mid day Saturday.

YOU have done a FABULOUS job!!!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have tweaked the prize distribution for the photo contest and am waiting on an answer for one more, special prize. Please don't post specific places for specific prizes for the photo contest until I get an answer. I should know something this evening.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
No problem, Curtis.

Post here when you have an answer. I expect to be home until mid-day Saturday. Then we expect to be in the office (ON_LINE) Saturday afternoon and early evening and most of the day Sunday. Try to help "kick things off".

Scott

I am sad to report that I have not been able to get a firm commitment of prizes from Craft Supplies. I know they intend to donate something, but I never could get a hold of Ben to get specifics. I'm sure they will still come through, but now it will be after the Bash starts. I've mostly been trying to call, but I have also sent E-Mails.

Sheesh! You only assign me one supplier, and I can't even get that done! ;-)

Scott.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, here is my final list of prizes and how I would like them given out.

Prizes
Prizes will be awarded as follows:

Pen Marketing Photos
1st Place20 Inlace Acrylester pen blanks with shipping compliments of WoodTurningz Value: $65.75
2nd Place2 30-06 rifle cartridge pen kits -one each in brass and nickel compliments of Little River Crafts (Sylvanite) $30 value

Artistic/Creative Pen Photos
1st PlaceAlumilite casting kit including 32 oz Alumilite Clear, 1 oz of dye, and 1 oz. of metal powder including shipping compliments of Alumilite Corporation.
Value: $50
2nd Place – $25 Bear Tooth Woods Gift Certificate compliments of Bear Tooth Woods

Shop and Shop Life Photos
1st Place – 1 Box of whole burl with shipping compliments of Harris Burl Supply (Nolan)
Value: $60
2nd Place – $25 Exoticblanks.com gift certificate compliments of Exoticblanks.com

Creative use of the IAP logo
1st Place – IAP Smock with shipping compliments of The IAP Management
Value: $52
2nd Place – 1 Envelope of pen blanks including shipping compliments of bobskio2003
Value: $30

Best Overall Photo - $100 gift certificate compliments of Glimmerz-N-More

I have a box of blanks left over from Becca. They can be added to the envelope of blanks from bobskio2003 if desired.

The names of the companies should be correct according to their websites.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Becca,

Please don't think I did not want your blanks. I was going to add them to the bobskio blanks but then that prize would have been bigger than any of the other 2nd place prizes. I talked to Jeff and got an IAP turning smock for the Creative Use of the IAP Logo category since I wanted something that had the IAP logo on it so that left me with one extra prize. I figured I would be able to explain it better to you if you prize did not get given out then to Bobski2003 who might get his feelings hurt if we did not use his.

Last edited:

wudnhed

Becca,

Please don't think I did not want your blanks. I was going to add them to the bobskio blanks but then that prize would have been bigger than any of the other 2nd place prizes. I talked to Jeff and got an IAP turning smock for the Creative Use of the IAP Logo category since I wanted something that had the IAP logo on it so that left me with one extra prize. I figured I would be able to explain it better to you if you prize did not get given out then to Bobski2003 who might get his feelings hurt if we did not use his.

Curtis, not a problem, in fact, you probably did me a favor. Between rearranging all the prizes fifty thousand times due to MY indecisiveness and running back and forth to the hospital I'm too busy. My feelings are not hurt at all. Thanks for the note.

Top Bottom