CONTEST & PRIZES

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

Jeff's Donation Drawing Prizes:

Suppliers:

Woodturningz
2 packages each containing 20 Inlace Acylester pen blanks a $130 value includes shipping.
Ryan@Woodturningz.com - Ryan

JRBeall
1 Beall Wood Buff - jrbeall@bealltool.com - JR

Dale the Burl Guy
1 box of 50 pen blanks - carvemann@bellsouth.net - Dale

Berea Hardwoods
2 $100 gift certificates - customerservice@bereahardwoods.com - Joe

Crown Hand Tools Ltd.
1 Pen turning tool set - sales@crownhandtools.ltd.uk - Charlotte

Rockler
1 Deluxe pen press/drilling jig - Ice cream scoops - jbernloehr@rockler.com - Jason Bernloehr

Members:

Heritance - DCBluesman
1 - 18k gold large nib (fits the full-sized CS USA pens along with the El Grnde/Churchill sized pens from Berea)
1 - 18k gold small nib (fits the Baron/Sedona and the Juniors from CS USA)
5 - Steel Heritance SF large nibs
5 - Steel heritance SF small nibs
2 - packs Private Reserve ink cartridges
1 each - long and short vacuum-style converters

Constant Laubscher
10 Sierra Elegant stars & stripes inlay kits

Curtis Seebeck - Turn Tex Woodworks
1 set of 6 "Original Cactus Blanks" a $127.80 value includes shipping
1 set "Texas Worthless Wood Blanks" an $87.80 value includes shipping
1 complete IAP edition Pressure Pot starter kit. Includes pot set up for pressure casting, mold rack, 2 cutting board molds, 8 ready to cast "Worthless Wood" blanks and a starter kit of Alumilite $245 value includes shipping.

Randbcrafts
10 New Tru Stones blanks

ELMostro
2 sets - 10 each Amalgam Mutts - 1 Segmented, 1 Cross full size, 1 Cross Sierra size, 1 Arctic Fen, 1 Coffee, 1 Mosaic, 1 Money, 1 Lufah

Terry Hefner
18 Pen Blanks - 6 Pine Cone cast - 6 Shades cast - 6 Custom cast

Beartoothwoods - 40 - $5 Off coupons to be assigned with IAP mug for $50 donations to IAP until they're gone.

END Donation Prizes

Contest Prizes

Feb 1
Trivia
1st prize; 2 Carbon Fiber blank sets for Jr. Gent. and two carbon fiber blanks for Sierra's and one set carbon fiber blanks for slimline compliments of CaptG (Gary).

2nd prize; 1 - 28 oz. casting kit. Winner's choice of black, white, or clear compliments of Alumilite Corporation.

Feb 2
Trivia
1st; $25 Gift cert. compliments of Exoticblanks.com - Ed4copies.

2nd; 1 Envelope of pen blanks compliments of bobskio2003.

Feb 3
Trivia
1st; 4 - 30-06 casings with bullet nib, clear powder coated and 7mm transmission installed, with 2 rattlesnake and 2 antler blanks and 4 rifle clips compliments of CaptG (Gary).

2nd; $25 gift cert. for glue and 20 cardboard pen boxes compliments of Monty.

Feb 4
Trivia
1st; $50 gift certificate compliments of Griffin Exotic Wood exoticwoodman@msn.com - James

2nd; Box of blanks compliments of nava1uni - Cindy.

Feb 5
Trivia
1st; $25 gift certificate compliments of Torne Lignum - Ruth Niles rthniles@yahoo.com

2nd; 1 envelope of blanks (a dozen pen blanks) compliments of spiritwoodturner (Dale).

Feb 6
Trivia
1st; 2 sets of blanks- one in the regular orthodox cross style that includes a Jr vII blank set and a Sierra blank, body in BOW and Cross in Bloodwood
- a set in the Eagle style cross blanks, on the same tube sets- 1 Jr vII and 1 sierra compliments of lwalden.

2nd; 2 Little River Crafts 30-06 rifle cartridge pen kits - one each in Brass and Nickel compliments of Sylvanite.

Feb 7
Trivia
1st; A flat rate envelope full of premium blanks from his private stash compliments of Dario.

2nd; $25 Gift cert. compliments of Exoticblanks.com - Ed4Copies

Wood ID Contest
1st; Five pack of large Heritance™ SF nibs (Retail $50) Five pack of single, acrylic pen stands (Retail $25) compliments of Heritance - DCBluesman

2nd; A box of blanks compliments of Docstram

Feb 8
Trivia
1st; A package of antler and 3 gold Baron kits compliments of dntrost - Dion.

2nd; 1 envelope of misc blanks compliments of Harris Burl Supply - Nolan

Feb 9
Trivia
1st; 5 Neopean kits and a set of bushings compliments of Lau Lau Woodworks - Aaron

Feb 10
Trivia
1st; 1- Tasmanian wood collection, US shipping incl. compliments of Bad Dogs Burl Source

2nd; 1 Flat-rate envelope of blanks compliments of Sparhawk

Feb 11
Trivia
1st; 360 Degree Herringbone and a 3 Wave Blank compliments of Tribal RR

2nd; 1 envelope of misc. blanks compliments of Harris Burl Supply - Nolan

Feb 12
Trivia
1st; 14K small all yellow gold nib compliments of Anthony at the Golden Nib IAP contact (www.thegoldennib.com):

2nd; A flat rate box of blanks compliments of Melogic - Mark Lynch

Feb 13
Trivia
1st; 15-20 blanks . Woods native to (or commonly found in) whatever state or province in continental N America that the winner is from compliments of 1080Wayne.

Feb 14
Trivia
1st; $40 Gift Certificate compliments of Wood n Whimsies woodnwhimsies@woodnwhimsies.com - Tim/Tracey

2nd; 1 package of pen blanks (18 blanks per pack) compliments of Kelvin.

Wood ID Contest
1st; $50 gift certificate compliments of KJP Select Hardwoods - kjponline.com karen@kjpselecthardwoods.com

2nd; A box of blanks compliments of Woodlvr

Feb 15
Trivia
1st; 2 Little River Crafts 30-06 rifle cartridge pen kits -- one each in Brass and Nickel compliments of Sylvanite .

2nd; 1 leather, zippered pen case, fits all pen sizes! (Retail $25) compliments of Heritance - DCBluesman

Feb 16
Trivia
1st; 1 - 28 oz. casting kit. Winner's choice of black, white, or clear compliments of Alumilite Corporation.

2nd; 1 box of blanks compliments of Ozmandus - Chuck

Ugly Pen Contest
15 prizes as follows

1. DocStram's Book donated by Docstram - Al
2. 20 blanks each of the Inlace Acrylester donated by Woodturningz
blanks with shipping included. This is a value of $65.75 per prize!
3. $40 gift certificate donated by SharpeningSupplies.com email and phone number also needed for winners
4. 1 sample pack of exotic woods from South Africa donated by Zambezi Exotics
customerservice@sharpeningsupplies.com - John
5. 1 - 28 oz. casting kit. Winner's choice of black, white, or clear compliments of Alumilite Corporation.
6. $50.00 gift certificate for AcryliWood stabilized wood products or stabilization services. - need winner's email address and contact info donated by River Ridge Products wood2@rrpwhite.com - Carol
7. $25 Gift cert. donated by Exoticblanks.com - Ed4Copies
8. 4 - 30-06 casings with bullet nib, clear powder coated and 7mm transmission installed, with 2 rattlesnake and 2 antler blanks and 4 rifle clips donated by CaptG - Gary.
9. 3 silvertip badger hair knots: 18mm, 20mm, and 22mm donated by Anthony at the Golden Nib IAP contact (www.thegoldennib.com):
10. $50 credit usable with IAP Most Valued Vendor of winner's choice donated by Goodturns - Jon
11. Box of blanks donated by NewLondon88
12. 50 pen blanks (his choice of blanks) donated by Dale-the-Burl-Guy - Dale Brobst carvemann@bellsouth.net
13. $25 Gift cert. donated by Exoticblanks.com - Ed4Copies
14. Box of 11 premium blanks donated by workinforwood
15. snake blanks: 1 cigar set, 1 baron set, and two sierras donated by its_virgil - Don Ward

Feb 17
Trivia
1st; 1 Acrylic Stabilized Spalted wood collection, US shipping incl. compliments of Bad Dogs Burl Source

Feb 18
Trivia
1st; Box of Phoenix area blanks jclark58

2nd; 1 leather, zippered pen case, fits all pen sizes! (Retail $25) compliments of Heritance - DCBluesman

Feb 19
Trivia
1st; 1 prize pack, details TBD compliments of prPrincess - Dawn

2nd; Box of Blanks compliments of TowMater - Todd

Feb 20
Trivia
1st; 1 Acrylic stabilized North American Burl collection, US shipping incl compliments of Bad Dogs Burl Source

2nd; Box of Blanks compliments of GaryMGg

Feb 21
Trivia
1st; 12 nib inserts for dip pens and 12 pen nibs compliments of Anthony at the Golden Nib IAP contact (www.thegoldennib.com):

2nd; 1 - 28 oz. casting kit. Winner's choice of black, white, or clear compliments of Alumilite Corporation.

Wood ID contest
1st; 1/2" keyless drill chuck + MT2 arbor. Sierra deluxe between centers bushing set, includes steel and delrin. MT2 live center compliments of johnnycnc - John

2nd; A flat rate envelope of blanks (15-18) compliments of edman2 - Freddie

Feb 22
Trivia
1st; Five pack of small Heritance™ SF nibs (Retail $50) compliments of Heritance - DCBluesman

2nd; 1 package of pen blanks (18 blanks per pack) compliments of Kelvin .

Feb 23
Trivia
1st; 1 prize pack, details TBD compliments of prPrincess - Dawn

2nd; 1 envelope of misc. blanks compliments of Harris Burl Supply - Nolan

1st; 20 blanks each of the Inlace Acrylester pen
blanks shipping included, compliments of Woodturningz - Ryan@woodturningz.com - Ryan Polokoff

2nd; 1 Lucite rod compliments of Pipe Maker's Emporium andrea@pipemakers.org - Andrea

3rd; $25 Gift Certificate compliments of Packard Woodworks brad@packardwoodworks.com - Brad

Feb 24
Trivia
1st; Box of pen blanks compliments of dalecamino

2nd; 1 carbide scraper compliments of bitshird - Ken

New Article Contest
1st; Flat rate box of blanks, including antler, corian, acrylic, and wood ($100 value) compliments of Roy99664

2nd; 1 sample pack of exotic woods from South Africa compliments of Zambezi Exotics

Liar's Club Contest
1st; 1 Five-pack of calligraphy, dip pen components (Retail $50) 1 Ten-pack of vacuum-type converters, 5 long and 5 short, (Retail $80) compliments of Heritance - DCBluesman

2nd Place; 1 envelope of misc. blanks compliments of Harris Burl Supply - Nolan

3rd Place; Large bargain box of gold sandpaper compliments of Klingspor

Feb 25
Trivia
1st Place; Box of Black Walnut blanks compliments of rlharding - Ruth

2nd Place; 1 - 28 oz. casting kit. Winner's choice of black, white, or clear compliments of Alumilite Corporation.

Pen Photography Contest
Best Overall; $100 gift certificate compliments of Glimmerz-N-More (electronic) graygr@cox.net - Gina Gray

Pen Marketing Photos Category
1st Place - 20 Inlace Acrylester pen blanks with shipping compliments of WoodTurningz Value: $65.75 - Ryan@woodturningz.com - Ryan Polokoff

2nd Place2 30-06 rifle cartridge pen kits -one each in brass and nickel compliments of Little River Crafts - Sylvanite ($30 value)

Artistic/Creative Pen Photos Category
1st PlaceAlumilite casting kit including 32 oz Alumilite Clear, 1 oz of dye, and 1 oz. of metal powder including shipping compliments of Alumilite Corporation. $50 value

2nd Place
– $25 Gift Certificate compliments of Beartoothwoods.com - Ernie

Shop & Shop Life Photos Category
1st Place – 1 Box of whole burl with shipping compliments of Harris Burl Supply - Nolan
Value: $60

2nd Place – $25 gift certificate compliments of Exoticblanks.com - Ed4Copies

Creative use of IAP Logo Category
1st Place – IAP Smock with shipping compliments of The IAP Management
Value: $52

2nd Place - Envelope of pen blanks compliments of bobskio2003

---------------

Pen & Pen Turner Contest
1st; Berea Hardwoods - Gift certificate of $100 customerservice@bereahardwoods.com - Joe

2nd; 1 $40 gift certificate (email and phone number also needed for winners) compliments of SharpeningSupplies.com

Feb 26
Trivia
1st; $25 coupon compliments of Beartoothwoods.com - Ernie

2nd; Flat-rate envelope of blanks compliments of Sparhawk

Chapter Collaboration Contest
1st; Collection of Blanks compliments of wolftat
- 5 coffee bean blanks
- 5 shredded money blanks
- 5 spalted Dogwood blanks
- 5 mystery blanks

2nd; A flat rate priority mail box of blanks compliments of papaturner - Perry

Slim Line Contest
1st; - $100 CDN Gift Certificate compliments of William Woodwrite - penblanks.ca williamwoodwrite@rogers.com - Lilian

2nd; 1 sample pack of exotic woods from South Africa compliments of Zambezi Exotics customerservice@sharpeningsupplies.com - John

Best Innovative; 3 Ebonite blanks. 2 black and one black/yellow swirl compliments of Russianwolf.

Feb 27
Trivia
1st; - 2 Little River Crafts 30-06 rifle cartridge pen kits - one each in Brass and Nickel compliments of Sylvanite.

2nd; A box of blanks compliments of bitshird - Ken.

Newbie Pen Contest
1st; 1 $50 coupon compliments of Beartoothwoods.com - Ernie.

2nd; A box oc corian squares compliments of Harris Burl Supply - Nolan.

Best Product Reveiw Contest
1st; A gift certificate of $100 compliments of Berea Hardwoods customerservice@bereahardwoods.com - Joe

2nd; A box of whole burl compliments of Harris Burl Supply - Nolan.

Feb 28
Trivia
1st; $25 Gift Certificate compliments of Packard Woodworks brad@packardwoodworks.com - Brad

2nd; A package of pen blanks (18 blanks per pack) compliments of Kelvin.

Wood ID Contest
1st; 1- Australian Burl collection, US shipping incl compliments of Bad Dogs Burl Source.

2nd; A collection of blanks compliments of Rochester - Dale Pace.

5% off all online orders during the bash compliments of Beartoothwoods.

Percentage discount during bash compliments of Alumilite Corporation.

Coupon code forthcoming 15% dis. during bash compliments of KJP Select Hardwoods.
attachment.gif

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WOW!!!

COLOR ME IMPRESSED!!!

Thanks Becca, I will put together a spreadsheet this weekend and forward copies to anyone who wants one and has MSExcel (NOT the vista version) to open an .XLS file.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
One issue, Becca...the IAP mugs are being given out by Jeff for donations; they're not part of the bash! (he purchased them to give out to those members who donate $50 or more, I think)...

If we have extra prizes, can we substitute those in place of the mugs and Ernie's $5 gcs?

wudnhed

Andrew, I think the coupon from Ernie is a great gift for second place trivia. Especially if Ernie would combine the coupon with his 5% discount web order.

wudnhed

Thanks Ed, hope I didn't use your name too many times!!!! Your spreadsheet was a life saver, thanks!!!!!

Last edited:

wudnhed

I hope this is what you guys were looking for as far as prize distribution. I'm not great with the puter, graphs and all that. Please don't hesitate to advise changes, your not hurting my feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks Ed, hope I didn't use your name too many times!!!! Your spreadsheet was a life saver, thanks!!!!!

Becca,

As we move toward the weekend, I am finally able to spend a little time on-line (my real work is now "up to date" until Monday). I will be creating a spreadsheet this weekend with your prize donors and the appropriate contest - in a "calendar block" type format. As long as you can download XLS files, you will be able to see what I am talking about.

Dawn and I can go back and forth to follow up - the master stays on our network and we can update - so, the "keeping track" will not be too labor intensive (as I see it NOW - second week of Feb, I may see it differently.

But, time will tell. I'll keep you all "in the loop"

I'm still REALLY impressed with Andrew's yeoman's effort at "extracting" prize donations.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Scott

Becca!

First of all, glad to have you here!

That's some list of prizes for the Ugly Pen Contest (my baby!)! Thanks! But feel free to redistribute some of those weighter (nicer) prizes to other more deserving contests. I mean, this IS an UGLY pen contest! ;-)

I am still working on Craft Supplies for their donations, and also Kip and Rex are going to donate some videos, I just don't know how many yet.

Scott.

wudnhed

THERE ARE NO UNUSED PRIZES except maybe Nolan's.

Nolan was not specific on how many packages of blanks he wanted to donate. We need to pin him down and get an accurate figure.

BTW, this was my thinking on the prize assignments. Trivia last all month long and, to me, the better the prize the more contestants and that's why I picked nice prizes for Trivia. The more people the more traffic and a bigger party, LOL! Then, the Blank ID contest was 4 times during the month and I wanted just as nice of prizes, same principal, principle OK reasoning as above. Ugly Pen Contest had the biggest give away and again, to me, the funnest part of the bash. The other contest were one time things so I wanted them to have good prizes also. If I went over board on some or under on others. PLMK and thanks!

Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Don't make me blush now! Becca's work at dividing them up is a pretty big task too!

Did you get the email about adding another prize from Lou, Becca? I guess that goes in the list of unassigned prizes...

Nolan's photographing his fare right now, so he'll send those along as soon as he's done that...

We can get 18 more prizes quite handily if you need them, Becca...it just takes a quick posting! Ed4copies' gift certificates can be changed around too, if needed, to different denominations he said.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Couple of questions -- I made out the excel sheets, so I actually READ every entry.

We shoe only one prize for the pen and turner, slimline and best product review.

Nolan's prize in blank ID (2/21) looks like he meant to have 6 prizes

And, as Curtis' entry shows, Alumilite should have 6 prizes, not just one

Going home, will be in tomorrow.

wudnhed

Looking better? Need 4 more second prizes and I'm sure Nolan is working on his. I'll wait a couple days on him. I will try and fill in with a box or 2 of blanks to complete.

Randy_

I hope this is what you guys were looking for as far as prize distribution. I'm not great with the puter, graphs and all that. Please don't hesitate to advise changes, your not hurting my feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job, Becca. That is exactly what I have been waiting for Must have been quite a chore to put that together!!:)

Randy_

Becca:

I just went through the Trivia prizes to reformat them for use in my "winners" list and noticed a couple of hiccups.

1. There are four days where only one prize is listed: Feb. 3, 7, 17 and 18.

2. For Feb. 20 there is a duplicate listing with different prizes and one of the listings has only one prize shown.

3. One of the prizes is listed as:
"Exoticblanks.com (Ed4Copies) 2 - any combination of gc's $25 each." What does "gc's" stand for??

Thanks.

Randy_

*Feb 2*
Trivia
1st; Exoticblanks.com (Ed4Copies) $25 any combination of gc's

2nd; bobskio2003 - 1 Envelope of pen blanks

Is that a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope??

Randy_

*Feb 8*
Trivia
1st; dntrost (Dion) - Package of antler and 3 gold Baron kits.

2nd; Nolan - few packages of that corian I got a hold of. Then probably another half dozen or so prizes ranging from flat rate envelopes of blanks to box of whole burls.

Is this all one prize or does this need some clarification??

Randy_

Becca: Could you please clarify for me the intended Trivia prizes that Ed (exoticblanks.com) is offering on these days: 2, 9, 13, 26 and 27. The language used to describe the prizes is a little different and I am not sure what is being offered.

Thanks

DocStram

Prize suggestion ..... this is just a thought, you don't have to take me up on this one .......

Thousands of IAP members have pm'd me asking if I would donate a signed copy of "sometimes i did all i could do" as a prize for The Bash. (Okay, not thousands .... it was more like hundreds. Dozens???? Okay, one person!)

To be honest with you, I'm embarrassed that anybody would actually want it as a prize. So, here's an idea. Why not use my book as the First Place Prize for the Ugly Pen Contest???? It seems only fitting, especially since we have that old rock band album cover photo of me and my two co-authors on the cover of the book.

If you don't want to use the book as a prize ... it's okay with me. Just please avoid saying "No" as a reply to this post. Instead, just act like you haven't seen this post and ignore it. That way, I'll just pretend that nobody saw this post .... it will be easier on me.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wudnhed

Hmmmmmmmm Let me see Doc...........................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I think that is a great idea to use your book Doc. Thanks!

wudnhed

Becca: Could you please clarify for me the intended Trivia prizes that Ed (exoticblanks.com) is offering on these days: 2, 9, 13, 26 and 27. The language used to describe the prizes is a little different and I am not sure what is being offered.

Thanks

Hi Randy, to answer your question about the "gc's" you will have to ask Ed. That is the way his prizes are described.

As for the miss 2nd prizes for the trivia, they are yet to be assigned. I'm still waiting to fill them in.

Also, I'm waiting on Nolan to clarify his donations so I put his name in for that prize as a filler.

Not sure about bobskio's envelope, I assume it is a flat priority envelope.

BTW Randy, good catch on the #20, thanks!

Last edited:

wudnhed

OK, checked everything over and I tweaked it again. Still waiting for Nolans gifts but have in 2 places.

Ed, I have used $225 worth of your Gift Certs. If I need to use the last I will.

Randy, I will change the gcs for the words Gift Certs, helps me too. Also, will you check things over again? You seem to have a good eye.
Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Randy_

Becca; I didn't look over the entire list, just the trivia stuff because that was my interest and I probably cought more stuff than I might normally have because I was reformatting the information for use on my list. I'll look over the remainder of the list later this evening to see if anything pops out at me.

I did notice two other things with respect to the trivia information.

You have some duplicate text for the Feb. 3 day and there several places where the "Bad Dogs Burl" is shown erroneously as the possessive Bad Dog's Burl. Some places it is correct and some it is not. Not a terribly large matter; but I'm sure the people who donate would like to see their names accurately portrayed.

Added: I was correcting the information on my list and came across another anomoly so I went back to their web page and it should actually be Bad Dogs Burl Source.

Last edited:

Randy_

Becca: We have identical prizes from CaptG on the first and third of Feb. Could we change one of those out for the CaptG prize on the 15th for a little more variety? Thanks.

davinci27

I've noticed some of the contest only have first place prizes. Are there enough prizes so that every contest can have a first and second place prize?

Thanks
Ben

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Becca,

As these changes are mentioned, are you editing your section above?

My REAL question is how do I keep up to them, so my info is the same as yours, IF the above is accurate, that's good enough!!! I can change as often as IT changes.

Randy_

.....Randy, I will change the gcs for the words Gift Certs, helps me too. Also, will you check things over again? You seem to have a good eye......

Becca: I looked through the remainder of the prize list and did not see any oth4er problems. Can't guarantee I didn't miss something; but it looks pretty good to me.

Nice job.

Just a gentle reminder about switching the two CaptG prizes..........is it possible??

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Hi Becca...there are some New Prizes:

Rochester Dale Pace - collection of blanks for the Bash.
Russianwolf - 3 Ebonite blanks. 2 black and one black/yellow swirl. And I'll throw some other blanks in as well. Pictures coming
papaturner - Perry - flat rate priority mail box of blanks
its_virgil - Don Ward - snake blanks: 1 cigar set, 1 baron set, and two sierras

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
New Edit: Sunday...

Nolan's Prizes:

1. envelope of corian squares
2. envelope of corian squares
3. box oc corian squares
4. envelope of misc blanks