Contest and Events

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Does anyone get any heartburn over the thought of running Trivia, Puzzles, Match the pen to the Turner and a Git-R-Done contest for one week each? It might help to keep things fresh throughout the month.

I like it!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Just remember I'm keeping my eye on you.
:biggrin: Whats that old saying "walk lightly and smack Derek with a big stick"?

Ed McDonnell

Derek - How about entering the blank making contest as a contestant. This could give you a whole new angle to work with for your smack talk. I know you can make blanks.

Ed

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
OK. I'll take The New Contest Contest and the Pen and Turner Match-Up.

For everyones information, I'll be traveling Thursday the 8th and Monday the 12th. I'll have a computer with me and my phone. I'll get my rules written and posted.

mbroberg

Here is the final list of events with Chairs.

Attachments

• BASH 11 ACTIVITIES.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Did you want me to go ahead with the Guess the Blank Contest ? After I proposed it, I realized that it may conflict with the "[FONT=&quot]A blank making contest Casting, Polymer Clay, Segmented, Worthless Wood, Scrolled, Stamp, Decal, or whatever "contes[FONT=&quot]t.
[/FONT][/FONT]

mbroberg

Did you want me to go ahead with the Guess the Blank Contest ? After I proposed it, I realized that it may conflict with the "[FONT=&quot]A blank making contest Casting, Polymer Clay, Segmented, Worthless Wood, Scrolled, Stamp, Decal, or whatever "contes[FONT=&quot]t.
[/FONT][/FONT]

How would it conflict? Maybe I'm envisioning something different than you are for this contest. If you are going to post blanks and have contestants identify what they are made of then I don't see a conflict.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
All Chairmen.
We are wanting to make the rules for your contests public for discussion January 16th to the 30th. If you do not have a firm set of Rules done you need to do so. If you have any questions or need help contact Mike B or myself.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
[/FONT][/FONT]

How would it conflict? Maybe I'm envisioning something different than you are for this contest. If you are going to post blanks and have contestants identify what they are made of then I don't see a conflict.
My thought was to have members submit pictures of blanks (other than wood) they made and have the membership guess what the blank was made of. We would have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for whoever got the most correct guesses and a winner of the person that created the blank that had the fewest correct guesses. The blanks would not have to be made into a pen but would have to be turned round and polishes as if it were a pen.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mike - I just noticed that your contest list includes a "Shop Life Pen Contest" -- I suppose this should be a Shop Life Photo Contest ???

Edgar

mbroberg

Mike - I just noticed that your contest list includes a "Shop Life Pen Contest" -- I suppose this should be a Shop Life Photo Contest ???

Edgar

Yes - Thanks.

Attachments

• BASH 11 ACTIVITIES.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

mbroberg

[/FONT][/FONT]

My thought was to have members submit pictures of blanks (other than wood) they made and have the membership guess what the blank was made of. We would have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for whoever got the most correct guesses and a winner of the person that created the blank that had the fewest correct guesses. The blanks would not have to be made into a pen but would have to be turned round and polishes as if it were a pen.

Sorry I didn't respond back sooner. I'll leave it up to you as to whether or not you want to do it. The schedule is filling oout nicely but as long as we have the prizes we can fit this in.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I wouldn't want to conflict/compete with the casting contest so I will withdraw the suggestion. Maybe we can work something similar in next year with the casting contest.

Ed McDonnell

Hi Mannie - For the blank making contest I am going to be asking the entrants to submit a picture of the materials they used to make their blank. I could give those to you and you could run a "match the materials with the blank" contest after the blank making contest closes for entries.

What do you think?

Ed

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Hi Mannie - For the blank making contest I am going to be asking the entrants to submit a picture of the materials they used to make their blank. I could give those to you and you could run a "match the materials with the blank" contest after the blank making contest closes for entries.

What do you think?

Ed
Mike, Mike, and Ed,
This could be interesting if there are some blanks in which the materials are not obvious. If so, maybe we could wait until Ed receives pictures for his contest, then, if there are prizes left, we could announce this as an "Bonus" contest.

Top Bottom