Cocobolo Humidor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Halfcaff

Halfcaff

I had some spare pieces of cocobolo I was trying to find something to do with so I came up with this. I made the frame with the spare pieces and then bought some beautiful cocobolo for the top. It is lined with Spanish cedar. It seals amazingly and holds the perfect 70% humidity for the cigars. It will hold around 25-30 cigars. I sanded it down to about 400 and then finished it with wipe-on poly. After plenty of coats of that I used some renaissance wax to put the final polish on it. I want to build a larger one now! Thanks for looking and any comments

Attachments

• humidor1.jpg
    humidor1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 664
  • humidor2.jpg
    humidor2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 559
  • humidor3.jpg
    humidor3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 892
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Halfcaff

Thanks everyone. The cost of the hardware was not too great. The barrel hinges were about $10 each and came from WC. The hydrometer was $8 and came from R. The humidification device (which is filled with little absorbent beads) was $8 and came from a local cigar shop. So cost of hardware was around $40.

The barrel hinges were nice. You just drill a hole. I have used other types of hinges on humidors but I like these the best.

Big cocobolo fan and that turned out great. What does the hardware cost (roughly?) Very nice work.....

Larry

Halfcaff

I also made a pen out of the bit of wood left from the top. It is a navigator finished with CA and micro mesh.

Attachments

• cocobolo1.JPG
    cocobolo1.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 243
  • cocobolo2.JPG
    cocobolo2.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 247
Top Bottom