Berea now has computer circuit board blank kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrusselle

Bruce119 - Aside from the debate of who said what when, I must say that I am inspired by an earlier post that contained the email thread from your creation. In it you wrote, "That gave me the inspiration it took weeks of trial and failures. But I got it working it is very difficult. But it was worth it." Sweat, hard work, dedication and persistance... You got it all buddy. A penmaker or turner through and through... Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

Today a I received 2 packages by Priority Mail. One contained 2 PCB Blanks from Bruce119 and the other contained 2 Vista Kits and 2 sets of Vista bushings and extra Vista tubes. Now 3 people made money on this.
Bruce for his blanks, which are very nice. Bill at AS for selling me the Kits and Brea for selling Bill the Kits. Will I buy the PCB Kits from Brea or AS probably not would rather buy them from some one who goes through all the trouble to do it himself. Will still buy the kits from AS and Brea though. They give good service.

Fargo

just a thought but does anyone who has sold a "PCB" pen make the buyer aware that it wasn't your idea and you just assembled it ? or do you say i bought this kit from so n so and the blank from bruce119 ?

Skye

just a thought but does anyone who has sold a "PCB" pen make the buyer aware that it wasn't your idea and you just assembled it ? or do you say i bought this kit from so n so and the blank from bruce119 ?

03.jpg

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Of course, and I also make it clear that I didn't create the heavens and earth. Just in case there is ever any confusion.:)

shull

This thread has taken on a life of it's own. Just a question who insist on beating this dead horse. Has anyone considered how many new and learning turners have been totally put off from ever showing their works? First the lambasting of Jared last summer and now this thread. I have learned many things from the many craftsmen and craftswomen out there who have unselfishly shared their techniques and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. I hope I will do their lessons justice in the future. However, with the trend that seems to be developing on this site I doubt that I will be posting my work here anytime soon. Lets end this now and get on to more productive ventures. For the record Bruce119, you do great work.

Willee

Bullet pens ... first one I seen was shown to me by a fella shopping at Woodcraft.
Year was 2001 ... almost 9 years ago ... who's idea was that anyhow?

Curcuit board pens ... If Bruce did not have the original idea.
He did the same thing Berea did ... took a concept and learned how to make it work ... laid claim to it and started selling them.
The pen blanks Berea sells are the same as the ones WoodCraft is selling.
Berea must be having them made as the boards look the same.
(least all the blue ones I bought are)

Did you know Berea was the inventor, designer, and original importer of the Serria Pen.
Boy ... did that style get copied by every other pen kit supplier.
And the El Grande ... another Berea original.
Two of the first high quality pen kits offered to us were Berea originals.
Do any of you know how much time and money Berea spent getting those two kits made and imported. Any idea at all?

Casting stuff in casting resin ... who's original idea was that?
Another idea copied like crazy ... someone get a rope!
Watch parts ... feathers ... snake skins ... there is no end to it.
Someone owes someone a lot of money for that casting process idea that a lot of pen makers are stealing!

*** Edit *** ... Sorry ... I did not notice that this was an old thread untill after I replied to it.
It came up on a search.

Last edited:

its_virgil

Woodcraft resells Berea kits. They just change the name. The baron is called the navigator and the sierra is called the wallstreet II and the sierra vista is called the wallstreet III.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

The (circuit board)pen blanks Berea sells are the same as the ones WoodCraft is selling.

bkersten

Screw Berea! There's a ton of other things they could have taken up without ripping off someone's creation.

No Bruce, no boards! N Bruce, no boards!

Thank you Skye I really appreciate the support. I put my heart and sole into these things. They are made the old fashion way. With blood sweat & tears. Not with big bucks and mass production. Mine are truly one of a kind.

Bruce

Since I got some from him 2 yr ago, they are the best looking, and worthy of the quote highlight.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Bullet pens ... first one I seen was shown to me by a fella shopping at Woodcraft.
Year was 2001 ... almost 9 years ago ... who's idea was that anyhow?

Curcuit board pens ... If Bruce did not have the original idea.
He did the same thing Berea did ... took a concept and learned how to make it work ... laid claim to it and started selling them.
The pen blanks Berea sells are the same as the ones WoodCraft is selling.

Did you know Berea was the inventor, designer, and original importer of the Serria Pen.
Boy ... did that style get copied by every other pen kit supplier.
And the El Grande ... another Berea original.
Two of the first high quality pen kits offered to us were Berea originals.
Do any of you know how much time and money Berea spent getting those two kits made and imported. Any idea at all?

Casting stuff in casting resin ... who's original idea was that?
Another idea copied like crazy ... someone get a rope!
Watch parts ... feathers ... snake skins ... there is no end to it.
Someone owes someone a lot of money for that casting process idea that a lot of pen makers are stealing!

Thread dredging is generally considered poor forum etiquette. What is your point in commenting on a thread that's almost two years old?

Willee

Thread dredging is generally considered poor forum etiquette. What is your point in commenting on a thread that's almost two years old?

Sorry, somehow this thread came up on a search and I really did not notice how long it had been since the last post.

Thinking that it was a current thread I stated my points in the post.
There was no point intended in dredging up an old topic but I did add some information some may not have been aware of.
Us old farts have been turning pens long enough (even before this forum was around) to know who did what and when.

I will edit the post to make it clear I mistook it for a recent post.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
First Idea

Well it seems to me that the FIRST involved is not the first to cast circuit board in a resin pen blank, or the first to cast a circuit board in resin, but the first to cast anything in resin.

The idea does not change if I decide to cast fiddler crab claws or bald eagle feathers in resin....that is not a new idea...that is just making a slight modification to someone elses idea.

In this case Bruce acknowledged that it was not his idea to cast circuit boards in resin....it was an idea that he borrowed from someone else and applied it to his hobby and found it to be marketable. I seriously doubt that his market will dry up.

woodbutcher52

I've turned 10 of the Circuit Board pens from Berea, (5 gold, 4 chrome, in the green, and 1 black circuit board in chrome) and they all turned out GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom